Australian Cyber Crime November 2019: Two Sydney women have been charged over their alleged involvement in a $500,000 business email compromise scam.Read More
Incident: Cyber criminals hack Perth Anaesthetic Group hospital and steal patients’ personal information in terrifying security breach | Daily Mail Australia
Australian DataBreach CyberCrime November 2019: Cyber criminals hack Perth Anaesthetic Group hospital and steal patients’ personal information in terrifying security breach. Several patients were sent fake invoices from the hackers demanding payments.Read More
September 18 2019 Australian Cyber Fraud: Millions of dollars have allegedly been siphoned from personal superannuation and share trading accounts as part of a sophisticated online fraud syndicate.Read More
by Steven Kirby | May 21, 2019 | Acceptable Use Policy, Australia, Australian InfoSec Incident, Australian InfoSec Incidents 2019, Cryptocurrency - Bitcoin, CyberCrime, Federal Government, Insider Threat, iTnews, New South Wales, Policing and Law Enforcement | 0 |
Australian Information Security Incident Reported: May 21 2019 A Sydney man has been charged by...Read More
Incident: A Sydney woman who hacked an email account to steal $450,000 in cryptocurrency has been caught after a 9-month investigation | MSN Australia
by Steven Kirby | Oct 26, 2018 | Australian InfoSec Incident, Australian InfoSec Incidents 2018, Cryptocurrency - Bitcoin, Cyber Fraud, CyberCrime, Email, MSN Australia, New South Wales, Unauthorised Access | 0 |
Australian Information Security Incident Reported: October 26 2018 A 23-year-old woman has been...Read More
Australian Information Security Incident Reported: September 11 2018 A vulnerability in the...Read More
by Steven Kirby | Aug 13, 2018 | Australian InfoSec Incident, Australian InfoSec Incidents 2018, Brisbane Times, Cyber Fraud, CyberCrime, Email Spear Phing and Business Email Compromise (BEC), Retail, Victoria | 0 |
Australian Information Security Incident Reported: August 13 2018 Sage and Clare owner Phoebe Bell...Read More
Australian Information Security Incident Reported: June 29 2018 Ticketmaster Australia has started...Read More
From fake puppies for sale, to holidays that don’t exist. Source: National scam warning over festive season | The West AustralianRead More
Incident: Queensland law firms lose millions to hackers in ‘highly-sophisticated’ email scam | Brisbane Times
by Steven Kirby | Dec 17, 2017 | Australian InfoSec Incident, Australian InfoSec Incidents 2017, Brisbane Times, Cyber Fraud, CyberCrime, Email Spear Phing and Business Email Compromise (BEC), Law & Legal, Queensland, Scam | 0 |
Australian Information Security Incident Reported: December 17 2017 At least two Queensland law...Read More
WHILE most people consider Christmas to be a time of celebration and giving, there are people out there looking to exploit the holiday. Sadly, we’re not just talking about your boss forcing you to come into work the day after...Read More
Incident: Fraser Coast Mayor Chris Loft charged with misconduct and computer hacking | ABC News (Australian)
Australian Information Security Incident Reported: November 30 2017 Chris Loft was arrested this...Read More
More Australian News
- Only 31% of Americans concerned with data security, despite 400% rise in cyberattacks July 5, 2020Bad actors have flooded the enterprise with coronavirus-related attacks, but professionals working from home have other worries, Unisys Security …
- How Have I Been Pwned became the keeper of the internet's biggest data breaches July 5, 2020When Troy Hunt launched Have I Been Pwned in late 2013, he wanted it to answer a simple question: Have you fallen victim to a data breach? Seven years …
- iTWire - Fisher & Paykel attackers release second lot of company documents on dark web July 1, 2020Attackers who used the Nefilim ransomware, that works on Windows systems, to attack appliance maker Fisher & Paykel have posted links to a second lot …
- AGL loses its IT security chief July 1, 2020CISO departs after more than two years.
- Over 82,000 Aussies' details leaked in crypto scam July 1, 2020Victim's details show up on the web.
- ATO systems crash in tax time refund rush July 1, 2020Agency urgently investigating outage.
- Cybersecurity spending gets $1.35bn boost in wake of online attacks against Australia | ABC News July 1, 2020
- Australia is experiencing the 'three Ds' of cyber crime and it's time to wake up June 30, 2020I'm sitting at the kitchen table, staring at my laptop screen and watching red dots pulse on a map of the world. Each represents a cyber attack …
- Monash Uni infosec staff find gaping security hole in Palo Alto Networks gear June 30, 2020Authentication bypass could be targeted by foreign adversaries.
- NSW govt seeks input on next cyber security strategy June 30, 2020The NSW government is seeking views from industry to help shape the state’s next cyber security strategy ahead of its launch later this year. Customer …
- Cybersecurity spending boosted as Australia targeted by online attacks June 30, 2020The Federal Government wants to create more than 500 new jobs in its highly secretive cyber intelligence agency as part of what it says is …
- 'Offensive capability': $1.3b for new cyber spies to go after hackers June 30, 2020Australian security agencies believe China is behind the cyber raids on all levels of government, although the Morrison government has chosen not to …
- Govt reveals $1.35bn investment in cybersecurity over next decade June 30, 2020After surprise hack threat warning a fortnight ago.
- Australia launches massive cou on government agencies and businesses June 29, 2020Australia is hiring an army of 500 cyber spies to defend the nation's online infrastructure after last month's cyber attack, believed to be at the …
- Platform for firms to boost cyber defences - 9News June 28, 2020Australian businesses will be able to share information about cyber threats in a bid to help defend against attacks under a platform being developed …