Australian Audit Report June 2020: ACT Government agencies don’t understand data security and put privacy at risk, auditor-general says. Agencies lacking understanding, awareness.Read More
Category: Audit Report
Australian Audit Report June 2020: NSW unis taken to task over poor cyber stance. Institutions still without cyber risk policies, audit finds.Read More
Australian Audit Report May 2020: Australian federal agencies cop mass fail in core systems cyber review. Just one agency gets ‘essential eight’ tick for financial, HR systems.Read More
Australian Audit Report 2020: Western Australian agencies still vulnerable to cyber security weaknesses. Auditor identifies persistent infosec and business continuity risks.Read More
Audit Failure 2019: Queensland government cyber defences fail ethical hack test, sensitive information accessed with relative ease.Read More
Audit: Northern Territory School children’s data exposed to cyber security threats due to education department oversight | ABC Australia
August 17 2019 Audit Finding: The confidential records of children and teachers have been left vulnerable to cyber security attacks and data mismanagement due to education departmental oversight in the Northern Territory Government, a report from the auditor general’s office has revealed.Read More
July 04 2019: Australia Post told to improve cyber security practices. Auditor says risk aren’t being managed “effectively”.Read More
June 27 2019: The Office of the Australian Information Commissioner (OAIC) has accepted a court-enforceable undertaking from the Commonwealth Bank of Australia (CBA) in the wake of investigations into issues with the bank’s handling of customer data.Read More
JUNE 12 2019 Universities across NSW are exposed to cyber attacks due to significant deficiencies in IT internal controls, an audit has found.Read More
May 29 2019 Victorian public health ‘highly vulnerable’ to Singapore-like data breach. Four health services audited, all four exploited.Read More
Western Australia’s firearms database has been roundly criticised by the state’s auditor for containing significant data integrity issues that impede the regulation of guns in the community.Read More
by Steven Kirby | Dec 19, 2018 | Australian Audit Report 2018, Data Handling, Insider Threat, iTnews, Police and Law Enforcement, Privacy Breach, Queensland, State Government, Unauthorised Access | 0 |
Australian Information Security Incident Reported: December 19 2018 Queensland’s corruption...Read More
More Australian News
- iTWire - Fisher & Paykel attackers release second lot of company documents on dark web July 1, 2020Attackers who used the Nefilim ransomware, that works on Windows systems, to attack appliance maker Fisher & Paykel have posted links to a second lot …
- AGL loses its IT security chief July 1, 2020CISO departs after more than two years.
- Over 82,000 Aussies' details leaked in crypto scam July 1, 2020Victim's details show up on the web.
- ATO systems crash in tax time refund rush July 1, 2020Agency urgently investigating outage.
- Cybersecurity spending gets $1.35bn boost in wake of online attacks against Australia | ABC News July 1, 2020
- Australia is experiencing the 'three Ds' of cyber crime and it's time to wake up June 30, 2020I'm sitting at the kitchen table, staring at my laptop screen and watching red dots pulse on a map of the world. Each represents a cyber attack …
- Monash Uni infosec staff find gaping security hole in Palo Alto Networks gear June 30, 2020Authentication bypass could be targeted by foreign adversaries.
- NSW govt seeks input on next cyber security strategy June 30, 2020The NSW government is seeking views from industry to help shape the state’s next cyber security strategy ahead of its launch later this year. Customer …
- Cybersecurity spending boosted as Australia targeted by online attacks June 30, 2020The Federal Government wants to create more than 500 new jobs in its highly secretive cyber intelligence agency as part of what it says is …
- 'Offensive capability': $1.3b for new cyber spies to go after hackers June 30, 2020Australian security agencies believe China is behind the cyber raids on all levels of government, although the Morrison government has chosen not to …
- Govt reveals $1.35bn investment in cybersecurity over next decade June 30, 2020After surprise hack threat warning a fortnight ago.
- Australia launches massive cou on government agencies and businesses June 29, 2020Australia is hiring an army of 500 cyber spies to defend the nation's online infrastructure after last month's cyber attack, believed to be at the …
- Platform for firms to boost cyber defences - 9News June 28, 2020Australian businesses will be able to share information about cyber threats in a bid to help defend against attacks under a platform being developed …
- Australian ACSC ‘s report confirms the use of Chinese malware in recent attacks June 28, 2020Australian ACSC published a detailed report on the techniques, tactics, and procedures associated with the threat actor that targeted organizations …
- Incident: Gang uses REvil to attack Melbourne contract formulation firm Chem Pack | iTWire - Australian Information Security Awareness and Advisory June 28, 2020Australian Malware Attack June 2020: Gang uses REvil to attack Melbourne contract formulation firm Chem Pack Windows ransomware has now hit much …