and Cyber Security Awareness
Australian focus with a bit of New Zealand, vendor neutral, no vendor press releases, advertisement free.
Please follow the Source link to the original article to support the content owner. We've only provide a brief summary with metadata to assist in categorisation.
Australian InfoSec Incidents and Audits Issues
Australian Energy Provider Ransomware Attack November 2021. Queensland’s CS Energy has its corporate systems infected by ransomware. The incident has not impacted electricity generation.
West Australia Council Audit Report November 2021. WA councils fail to detect simulated cyber attack in audit. Only three out of 15 entities did so in a “timely manner”.
Australian Copyright Agency Cyber Incident November 2021: Agency investigates cyber incident and notifies 37,000-plus member.
Incident: Cyber attack affects Federal Group payroll system but staff will still be paid | ABC News (Australia)
Australian Group Ransomware Attack November 2021. Cyber attack affects Federal Group payroll system but staff will still be paid. Tasmania’s largest private sector employer has been affected by a cyber attack for the second time this year.
Australian Ransomware Attack November 2021. Frontier Software provider of Chris 21 payroll software hit by suspected ransomware attack. The cyber attack left 330 employers without automated payroll.
Audit: Queensland Audit Office (QAO) Water 2021 Report finds one breach and significant control weaknesses | ABC News (Australia)
Australian Utility Audit Report November 2021: Queensland Audit Office (QAO) Water 2021 Report finds one breach and significant control weaknesses in the security of information systems. Sunwater has acknowledge it was the organisation reported breached in the report.
Incident: Queensland water supplier Sunwater targeted by hackers in months-long undetected cyber security breach | ABC News (Australia)
Australian Water Utility Hacked November 2021: Queensland water supplier Sunwater targeted by hackers in months-long undetected cyber security breach. A Queensland Audit Office report found “threat actors” had targeted an older, more vulnerable version of the system.
Incident: SA Ambulance Service patients’ personal information stolen from consultancy firm | ABC News (Australia)
Australian Health Services Privacy Breach November 2021: South Australia Ambulance Service patients’ personal information stolen from consultancy firm. The personal details of 28,000 patients have been lost on a stolen a storage device.
Australian Education Cyber Attack July 2021: NSW Education department hit by cyber attack just days before school term resumes. The attack had forced it to deactivate “a number of internal systems as a precaution.
NZ Incident – Ransomware attack: Waikato DHB supporting patients after documents dumped online | stuff
New Zealand Ransomware Attack June 2021: Waikato District Health Board supporting patients after documents dumped online, compromised documents include, patient and employee, and the DHB’s financial affairs.
Australian News On YouTube
More Australian News
- by Under proposed reforms, Home Affairs will look to revamp various concepts regarding when law enforcement agencies will be able to access data to …
- by The federal government is considering giving Border Force, the tax office and other agencies either access to telecommunications data or other …
- Australia Today’s Morning Agenda with Natarsha Belling: Australia Today’s Morning Agenda – Cyber Security Special on Apple PodcastsbyCybercrime is the new threat that's costing Australians billions of dollars every year. During the 2020-21 financial year the Australian Cyber …
- by All Australians now have greater access to cyber security help and advice through the Australian Cyber Security Centre’s enhanced national Cyber …
- by West Australia Council Audit Report November 25 2021 WA councils fail to detect simulated cyber attack in audit. Only three out of 15 entities did so …
- by Australian Energy Provider Ransomware Attack, 30 November 2021 Queensland’s CS Energy has its corporate systems infected by ransomware The incident has …
- Incident: Cyber attack affects Federal Group payroll system but staff will still be paid | ABC News (Australia)byAustralian Group Ransomware Attack, 17 November 2021 Cyber attack affects Federal Group payroll system but staff will still be paid Tasmania’s largest …
- by Almost half a million Australian payment cards have been found for sale on the dark web according to VPN service provider, NordVPN. New data from …
- by The Government Communications Security Bureau says it is moving to strengthen the country’s cyber defences by more openly sharing one of its defence …
- by They say directors should have the discretion to pay ransoms, which would mean leaving in place the murky situation where directors can shop around …
Receive Weekly Australian News and Monthly Incident Review Emails
No advertisements, marketing, sales, or unsolicited emails. Your email address is ONLY used to send the publications listed above.