Australian Audit Report June 2020: ACT Government agencies don’t understand data security and put privacy at risk, auditor-general says. Agencies lacking understanding, awareness.Read More
Category: Australian Capital Territory
Australian University Data Leak November 2019: Australian National University ANU students forced to re-sit exam after data leakRead More
ANU says ‘sophisticated operator’ stole data included bank details, passport information and academic records of current and former students and staff.Read More
Incident: Cyber-security breach at Federal Parliament prompts security agency investigation | ABC News Australia
by Steven Kirby | Feb 8, 2019 | ABC News (Australia), Australia, Australian Capital Territory, Australian InfoSec Incident, Australian InfoSec Incidents 2019, Federal Government, Government Agency, Government Incident, Hacked | 0 |
Computer passwords are reset as Australia’s security agencies investigate a cyber-security breach at Federal Parliament.Read More
by Steven Kirby | Jan 28, 2019 | Australian Capital Territory, Australian InfoSec Incident, Australian InfoSec Incidents 2019, Defence and Military, Federal Government, Inappropriate Material, Pornography, SMH - The Sydney Morning Herald | 0 |
A former senior cyber security official has been sentenced to a suspended prison term for using a secure government network to download animated child pornography.Read More
Australian Information Security Incident Reported: July 06 2018 China-based hackers have...Read More
Incident: University of Canberra accidentally sends 24 staff details of every employee | The Canberra Times
by Steven Kirby | Feb 26, 2018 | Australian Capital Territory, Australian InfoSec Incident, Australian InfoSec Incidents 2018, Data Handling, Education and Training, Email, Privacy Breach, The Canberra Times | 0 |
Australian Information Security Incident Reported: February 26 2018 The University of Canberra has...Read More
Parents of ACT students in line for a government-issued Chromebook must agree to allow the government and third parties access to information on the device. Source: Info ‘may be accessed’ on ACT student...Read More
Australian universities must offer purpose-driven, industry-aligned cyber security courses to better prepare students for a crucially short workforce, according to a discussion paper to be released this week. UNSW Canberra...Read More
by Steven Kirby | Jul 20, 2017 | Australia, Australian Capital Territory, Australian InfoSec Incident, Australian InfoSec Incidents 2017, Data Loss, Federal Government, In the Press, InfoRiskToday, Multifunction Devices, New South Wales, Queensland, South Australia, Victoria, Western Australia | 0 |
Australian Information Security Incident Reported: July 20 2017 Ricoh’s Australia office has...Read More
Incident: A Canberra psychology clinic accidentally reveals clients’ personal details in email | The Canberra Times
by Steven Kirby | Jan 15, 2016 | Australia, Australian Capital Territory, Australian InfoSec Incident, Australian InfoSec Incidents 2016, Data Handling, Email, Medical and Health Care, Privacy, Privacy Breach, The Canberra Times, Unintended Disclosure Incident, User Error | 0 |
Jan 15, 2016. A Canberra psychology clinic has apologised after it accidentally shared personal details of hundreds of patients in a group email.Read More
Incident: Australian Hyatt hotels hacked, guest credit card details stolen | Australian Business Traveller
by Steven Kirby | Jan 15, 2016 | Australia, Australian Capital Territory, Australian InfoSec Incident, Australian InfoSec Incidents 2016, Credit Card, Hacked, Malware, New South Wales, Travel and Accommodation, Victoria, Western Australia | 0 |
January 15, 2016. Hyatt Hotels is the latest hotel chain to fall victim to hackers stealing sensitive credit card information from guests around the world, including flagship properties in Australia.Read More
More Australian News
- iTWire - Fisher & Paykel attackers release second lot of company documents on dark web July 1, 2020Attackers who used the Nefilim ransomware, that works on Windows systems, to attack appliance maker Fisher & Paykel have posted links to a second lot …
- AGL loses its IT security chief July 1, 2020CISO departs after more than two years.
- Over 82,000 Aussies' details leaked in crypto scam July 1, 2020Victim's details show up on the web.
- ATO systems crash in tax time refund rush July 1, 2020Agency urgently investigating outage.
- Cybersecurity spending gets $1.35bn boost in wake of online attacks against Australia | ABC News July 1, 2020
- Australia is experiencing the 'three Ds' of cyber crime and it's time to wake up June 30, 2020I'm sitting at the kitchen table, staring at my laptop screen and watching red dots pulse on a map of the world. Each represents a cyber attack …
- Monash Uni infosec staff find gaping security hole in Palo Alto Networks gear June 30, 2020Authentication bypass could be targeted by foreign adversaries.
- NSW govt seeks input on next cyber security strategy June 30, 2020The NSW government is seeking views from industry to help shape the state’s next cyber security strategy ahead of its launch later this year. Customer …
- Cybersecurity spending boosted as Australia targeted by online attacks June 30, 2020The Federal Government wants to create more than 500 new jobs in its highly secretive cyber intelligence agency as part of what it says is …
- 'Offensive capability': $1.3b for new cyber spies to go after hackers June 30, 2020Australian security agencies believe China is behind the cyber raids on all levels of government, although the Morrison government has chosen not to …
- Govt reveals $1.35bn investment in cybersecurity over next decade June 30, 2020After surprise hack threat warning a fortnight ago.
- Australia launches massive cou on government agencies and businesses June 29, 2020Australia is hiring an army of 500 cyber spies to defend the nation's online infrastructure after last month's cyber attack, believed to be at the …
- Platform for firms to boost cyber defences - 9News June 28, 2020Australian businesses will be able to share information about cyber threats in a bid to help defend against attacks under a platform being developed …
- Australian ACSC ‘s report confirms the use of Chinese malware in recent attacks June 28, 2020Australian ACSC published a detailed report on the techniques, tactics, and procedures associated with the threat actor that targeted organizations …
- Incident: Gang uses REvil to attack Melbourne contract formulation firm Chem Pack | iTWire - Australian Information Security Awareness and Advisory June 28, 2020Australian Malware Attack June 2020: Gang uses REvil to attack Melbourne contract formulation firm Chem Pack Windows ransomware has now hit much …