Category: The Canberra Times
by Steven Kirby | Oct 28, 2020 | Australia, Australian InfoSec Incidents 2020, Confidentiality, Data Handling, Email, Federal Government, Government Agency, Privacy, The Canberra Times, User Error | 0 |
Australian Government Privacy Breach Again October 2020: DFAT Stranded Aussies’ identities exposed again. The identities of Australians stranded overseas have been accidentally exposed for the third time in as many months.Read More
Incident: University of Canberra accidentally sends 24 staff details of every employee | The Canberra Times
by Steven Kirby | Feb 26, 2018 | Australian Capital Territory, Australian InfoSec Incident, Australian InfoSec Incidents 2018, Data Handling, Education and Training, Email, Privacy Breach, The Canberra Times | 0 |
Australian Information Security Incident Reported: February 26 2018 The University of Canberra has...Read More
Defence think tank the Australian Strategic Policy Institute ranked Australia equal second with Japan out of 25 nations for cyber policies in a report released on Tuesday that said the region’s nations had grown more...Read More
Alastair MacGibbon, moving cyber security centre from ASIO building creates opportunity | The Canberra Times
Relocating the federal government’s Australian Cyber Security Centre from the ASIO building to Canberra Airport will drive emergency preparedness and knowledge sharing, Prime Minister Malcolm Turnbull’s special...Read More
Australian universities must offer purpose-driven, industry-aligned cyber security courses to better prepare students for a crucially short workforce, according to a discussion paper to be released this week. UNSW Canberra...Read More
Incident: A Canberra psychology clinic accidentally reveals clients’ personal details in email | The Canberra Times
by Steven Kirby | Jan 15, 2016 | Australia, Australian Capital Territory, Australian InfoSec Incident, Australian InfoSec Incidents 2016, Data Handling, Email, Medical and Health Care, Privacy, Privacy Breach, The Canberra Times, Unintended Disclosure Incident, User Error | 0 |
Jan 15, 2016. A Canberra psychology clinic has apologised after it accidentally shared personal details of hundreds of patients in a group email.Read More
More Australian News
- Alleged hacker claims to have released Optus customer data, and threatens to publish moreby ABC News on September 27, 2022
An online account which claims to have Optus customer data says it has released 10,000 records and will publish more unless the telecommunications …
- Optus 'left the window open' for data to be stolen, says Home Affairs Minister Clare O'Neil | 7.30by ABC News (Australia) on September 27, 2022
It's been revealed that the personal data of almost 10 million Optus customers has been compromised in a massive cyber security breach. While the company had...
- Optus defends its cyber security as government flags large fines | ABC Newsby ABC News (Australia) on September 27, 2022
Optus is denying claims by the federal government that it left its cyber defences open to the hackers who have stolen the personal information of almost 10 m...
- Optus customers warned to 'change passwords now' | 9 News Australiaby 9 News Australia on September 26, 2022
Optus has defended notifying the media of the cyberattack that potentially compromised the information of millions of people, ahead of any customers.On their...
- Alleged ransom threat probed after Optus cyber attack | 9 News Australiaby 9 News Australia on September 26, 2022
The data of millions of Optus customers could be sold to criminals after reports of an online ransom threat surfaced, demanding the telecommunications compan...
- Optus Customer Data Posted on Dark Web as Hacker Demands $1 million - Australian Cyber Security Magazineby ACSM_Editor on September 26, 2022
By Staff Writer. Last week’s cyberattack on Optus is rapidly shaping up as Australia’s worst data breach, with the personal information of over 11 …
- New Face at the Helm of the Australian Cyber Collaboration Centre - Australian Cyber Security Magazineby ACSM_admin on September 26, 2022
The Board of the Australian Cyber Collaboration Centre has announced Matthew Salier has been appointed CEO. Matthew will commence his role at The …
- Australia plans privacy rule changes after Optus cyber attackby Reuters on September 26, 2022
SYDNEY (Reuters) - Australia plans changes to its privacy rules so that banks can be alerted faster following cyber attacks at companies, Prime …
- New security measures to be unveiled following massive Optus data breachby David Speers on September 25, 2022
The Home Affairs Minister is soon expected to announce several new security measures following the massive Optus data breach that saw hackers steal …
- AFP monitoring dark web amid allegations stolen Optus data may be sold onlineby Henry Belot on September 24, 2022
The Australian Federal Police are monitoring the dark web and internet forums after reports stolen Optus data may be being sold online. One post on …
Weekly Australian News and Monthly Incident Review Emails
No advertisements, marketing, sales, or unsolicited emails. Your email address is ONLY used to send the publications listed above.