Australian Ransomware Attack July 2020: Sydney strata management firm Strata Plus hit by Maze ransomware.The Australian strata management company Strata Plus appears to have been hit by a gang using the Maze ransomware that can wreak havoc on Windows systems.Read More
Category: Real Estate and Property Management
Incident: Credit card and other details of Perth rental applicants may have been public for 21 months | SMH
Australian Realestate Privacy Breach November 2019: Information such as credit card details and birth certificates uploaded during tenancy applications may have been published on the website of a Perth property management business Primus Realty for up to 21 months, a warning to clients has revealed.Read More
Incident: ‘Trusted inside access’: Sydney IT contractor arrested over Landmark White data breach | Brisbane Times
October 02 2019 Sydney Insider Charged: Sydney IT contractor arrested over Landmark White data breach containing property valuations, personal details and driver’s licences of a combined 275,000 individuals.Read More
Incident: Landmark White home loan details of 100,000 customers hacked in major data breach | Brisbane Times
by Steven Kirby | Feb 12, 2019 | Australia, Australian InfoSec Incident, Australian InfoSec Incidents 2019, Banking and Finance, Brisbane Times, Data Breach, Hacked, Privacy Breach, Real Estate and Property Management | 0 |
The nation’s biggest banks are scrambling to contact up to 100,000 customers who may have been caught up in a major data breach at property valuation firm, LandMark White.Read More
Australian real estate network First National has reportedly had information it held on job applicants leaked online.Read More
Incident: Email scammers steal almost $1 million from SA property buyers by posing as conveyancers | ABC News (Australia)
by Steven Kirby | Oct 25, 2017 | ABC News (Australia), Australian InfoSec Incident, Australian InfoSec Incidents 2017, Cyber Fraud, CyberCrime, Email Spear Phing and Business Email Compromise (BEC), Real Estate and Property Management, South Australia | 0 |
Australian Information Security Incident Reported: October 25 2017 Property buyers are warned to...Read More
An 83-year-old woman is robbed of more than half a million dollars after email scammers pretend to be her settlement agent and convince her son to transfer cash into a bogus account. Source: WA property scam: Elderly woman loses...Read More
REA Group has released a security guide in a bid to protect Australia’s real estate industry from cyber crime, as more and more businesses move to a digital model. Source: REA moves to tackle cyber crimeRead More
Do you trust your local real estate agent? With all the personal data I need to hand over to get on a lease, the real estate agent could establish an entire double life. Story by Jessica Sier. Source: Real estate documentation...Read More
July 7, 2016. POLICE have launched an investigation into an unprecedented cyber attack against a booming digital real estate firm. The company attacked — Box+Dice — is suggesting it could have been launched by vested interests in the state’s multi-billion dollar housing industry.Read More
More Australian News
- Morrison pursues tougher powers in fight against cyber attacks and criminals' activity August 5, 2020Scott Morrison will unveil on Thursday a cyber security package to give greater protection to critical Australian infrastructure and bolster the …
- Ministers push to keep digital ID systems uniform August 4, 2020Agree to create national roadmap.
- NSW govt digital projects to face new privacy test August 4, 2020Digital restart funding now subject to privacy watchdog advice by law.
- Incident: 'Massive messaging storm' takes out Telstra's DNS infrastructure | iTnews - Australian Information Security Awareness and Advisory August 2, 2020Incident Reported: August 02 2020 Australian Telco Outage August 2020: ‘Massive messaging storm’ takes out Telstra’s DNS infrastructure Walks back on …
- Storage failure downs New Zealand Defence websites August 2, 2020The New Zealand Defence Force websites have been out of action for a whole working week since Monday, with no estimated time of service restoration …
- Cenitex poaches V/Line IT security chief August 2, 2020CISO moves to Victoria's peak IT agency.
- REA Group repatriates 500TB of data to Google's Sydney cloud region August 2, 2020Having originally hosted it in Europe.
- OAIC records highest ever number of monthly data breaches August 2, 2020Since notification scheme began.
- University of Queensland rolls out MFA to staff and research students August 2, 2020Part of layered zero trust approach
- Privacy concerns after COVID-19 safety form used to make prank call August 2, 2020There are calls for the Queensland Government to provide clearer guidelines for business on how to protect people's privacy while sticking to their …
- 2020-013 Ransomware Targeting Australian Aged Care and Healthcare Sectors | Cyber.gov.au August 2, 2020The Australian Cyber Security Centre (ACSC) is aware of recent ransomware campaigns targeting the aged care and healthcare sectors. Cyber criminals …
- 'Massive messaging storm' takes out Telstra's DNS infrastructure August 2, 2020A "massive messaging storm" overwhelmed a portion of Telstra's domain name server infrastructure for several hours on Sunday, causing widespread …
- China’s cyber espionage surge in Australia: opportunism not punishment | The Strategist July 31, 2020One of the theories floated about China’s recent cyber espionage campaign against Australia is that it’s being used to punish us for banning Huawei …
- iTWire - Australia among countries most targeted by ‘significant’ cyber attacks, as cyber crime costs global economy US$6 trillion July 29, 2020The prevalence and severity of cyber attacks are increasing at an alarming rate every year, so much so, that statistics estimate that cybercrime will …
- iTWire - Australian firms hit by rising cyber attacks and breaches in last 12 months July 29, 2020A survey of 250 Australian chief information officers, chief technology officers and chief information security officers has found that both cyber …