Australian Cyber Crime November 2019: Two Sydney women have been charged over their alleged involvement in a $500,000 business email compromise scam.Read More
Category: Email Spear Phing and Business Email Compromise (BEC)
by Steven Kirby | Jan 15, 2019 | Australia, Australian InfoSec Incident, Australian InfoSec Incidents 2019, Email, Email Phishing, Email Spear Phing and Business Email Compromise (BEC), Federal Government, Government Agency, iTnews, Scam | 0 |
Phishers are targeting would-be tenderers to the Department of Infrastructure and Regional Development with an email and fake AusTender landing page.Read More
by Steven Kirby | Aug 13, 2018 | Australian InfoSec Incident, Australian InfoSec Incidents 2018, Brisbane Times, Cyber Fraud, CyberCrime, Email Spear Phing and Business Email Compromise (BEC), Retail, Victoria | 0 |
Australian Information Security Incident Reported: August 13 2018 Sage and Clare owner Phoebe Bell...Read More
Incident: Queensland law firms lose millions to hackers in ‘highly-sophisticated’ email scam | Brisbane Times
by Steven Kirby | Dec 17, 2017 | Australian InfoSec Incident, Australian InfoSec Incidents 2017, Brisbane Times, Cyber Fraud, CyberCrime, Email Spear Phing and Business Email Compromise (BEC), Law & Legal, Queensland, Scam | 0 |
Australian Information Security Incident Reported: December 17 2017 At least two Queensland law...Read More
Incident: Email scammers steal almost $1 million from SA property buyers by posing as conveyancers | ABC News (Australia)
by Steven Kirby | Oct 25, 2017 | ABC News (Australia), Australian InfoSec Incident, Australian InfoSec Incidents 2017, Cyber Fraud, CyberCrime, Email Spear Phing and Business Email Compromise (BEC), Real Estate and Property Management, South Australia | 0 |
Australian Information Security Incident Reported: October 25 2017 Property buyers are warned to...Read More
Gone in 15 seconds: why faster bank transfers make Australia an even bigger target for email fraud | CSO
Business email compromise (BEC) attacks have become the most lucrative form of cybercrime for increasingly meticulous, strategic criminals – and forthcoming changes in Australian banking settlements will turn local businesses...Read More
by Steven Kirby | Sep 11, 2017 | ARN from IDG, Australian InfoSec Incident, Australian InfoSec Incidents 2017, Cyber Fraud, Email Spear Phing and Business Email Compromise (BEC), Policing and Law Enforcement, Queensland | 0 |
Australian Information Security Incident Reported: September 11 2017 The Queensland Police...Read More
Hundreds of businesses are being hit by this crafty cyber attack that’s more devastating than phishing scams | SmartCompany
New figures released by the Australian Criminal Intelligence Commission have revealed a crafty type of cyber attack is on the rise in Australia. Source: Hundreds of businesses are being hit by this crafty cyber attack...Read More
More Australian News
- Only 31% of Americans concerned with data security, despite 400% rise in cyberattacks July 5, 2020Bad actors have flooded the enterprise with coronavirus-related attacks, but professionals working from home have other worries, Unisys Security …
- How Have I Been Pwned became the keeper of the internet's biggest data breaches July 5, 2020When Troy Hunt launched Have I Been Pwned in late 2013, he wanted it to answer a simple question: Have you fallen victim to a data breach? Seven years …
- iTWire - Fisher & Paykel attackers release second lot of company documents on dark web July 1, 2020Attackers who used the Nefilim ransomware, that works on Windows systems, to attack appliance maker Fisher & Paykel have posted links to a second lot …
- AGL loses its IT security chief July 1, 2020CISO departs after more than two years.
- Over 82,000 Aussies' details leaked in crypto scam July 1, 2020Victim's details show up on the web.
- ATO systems crash in tax time refund rush July 1, 2020Agency urgently investigating outage.
- Cybersecurity spending gets $1.35bn boost in wake of online attacks against Australia | ABC News July 1, 2020
- Australia is experiencing the 'three Ds' of cyber crime and it's time to wake up June 30, 2020I'm sitting at the kitchen table, staring at my laptop screen and watching red dots pulse on a map of the world. Each represents a cyber attack …
- Monash Uni infosec staff find gaping security hole in Palo Alto Networks gear June 30, 2020Authentication bypass could be targeted by foreign adversaries.
- NSW govt seeks input on next cyber security strategy June 30, 2020The NSW government is seeking views from industry to help shape the state’s next cyber security strategy ahead of its launch later this year. Customer …
- Cybersecurity spending boosted as Australia targeted by online attacks June 30, 2020The Federal Government wants to create more than 500 new jobs in its highly secretive cyber intelligence agency as part of what it says is …
- 'Offensive capability': $1.3b for new cyber spies to go after hackers June 30, 2020Australian security agencies believe China is behind the cyber raids on all levels of government, although the Morrison government has chosen not to …
- Govt reveals $1.35bn investment in cybersecurity over next decade June 30, 2020After surprise hack threat warning a fortnight ago.
- Australia launches massive cou on government agencies and businesses June 29, 2020Australia is hiring an army of 500 cyber spies to defend the nation's online infrastructure after last month's cyber attack, believed to be at the …
- Platform for firms to boost cyber defences - 9News June 28, 2020Australian businesses will be able to share information about cyber threats in a bid to help defend against attacks under a platform being developed …