Australian Privacy Breach February 2020: Yarra Trams data breach, 91 commuters’ email addresses exposed by careless emailRead More
Category: Brisbane Times
Australian Privacy Breach Incident October 2019: Tens of thousands of Australian Optus customers have had their mobile phone numbers and addresses mistakenly published online.Read More
Australian Virus/Malware Incident October 2019: Australian Virus/Malware Incident October 2019: A number of rural Victorian health services in the state’s north-east were forced to shut down their IT systems due to a malware virus.Read More
Incident: ‘Trusted inside access’: Sydney IT contractor arrested over Landmark White data breach | Brisbane Times
October 02 2019 Sydney Insider Charged: Sydney IT contractor arrested over Landmark White data breach containing property valuations, personal details and driver’s licences of a combined 275,000 individuals.Read More
Incident: Landmark White home loan details of 100,000 customers hacked in major data breach | Brisbane Times
by Steven Kirby | Feb 12, 2019 | Australia, Australian InfoSec Incident, Australian InfoSec Incidents 2019, Banking and Finance, Brisbane Times, Data Breach, Hacked, Privacy Breach, Real Estate and Property Management | 0 |
The nation’s biggest banks are scrambling to contact up to 100,000 customers who may have been caught up in a major data breach at property valuation firm, LandMark White.Read More
by Steven Kirby | Aug 13, 2018 | Australian InfoSec Incident, Australian InfoSec Incidents 2018, Brisbane Times, Cyber Fraud, CyberCrime, Email Spear Phing and Business Email Compromise (BEC), Retail, Victoria | 0 |
Australian Information Security Incident Reported: August 13 2018 Sage and Clare owner Phoebe Bell...Read More
Australian Information Security Incident Reported: July 06 2018 China-based hackers have...Read More
Incident: Queensland law firms lose millions to hackers in ‘highly-sophisticated’ email scam | Brisbane Times
by Steven Kirby | Dec 17, 2017 | Australian InfoSec Incident, Australian InfoSec Incidents 2017, Brisbane Times, Cyber Fraud, CyberCrime, Email Spear Phing and Business Email Compromise (BEC), Law & Legal, Queensland, Scam | 0 |
Australian Information Security Incident Reported: December 17 2017 At least two Queensland law...Read More
A suspected mole is being hunted by an Australian company after four Twitter accounts began to publish its secret financial information. Source: ‘Mole’ hunted by company after posting confidential information to...Read More
A man has been charged in relation to a robbery in Sydney’s eastern suburbs early on Sunday which is believed to be linked to a dating application. Source: Man charged after North Bondi robbery linked to dating...Read More
Queensland police get new spy powers to hack smart-devices, demand encryption keys to tackle terrorism | Brisbane Times
Queensland police have been granted new powers that let them exploit phones and smart-devices for surveillance purposes with the intention of combating terrorism, after a new piece of legislation passed with bipartisan support...Read More
More Australian News
- Morrison pursues tougher powers in fight against cyber attacks and criminals' activity August 5, 2020Scott Morrison will unveil on Thursday a cyber security package to give greater protection to critical Australian infrastructure and bolster the …
- Ministers push to keep digital ID systems uniform August 4, 2020Agree to create national roadmap.
- NSW govt digital projects to face new privacy test August 4, 2020Digital restart funding now subject to privacy watchdog advice by law.
- Incident: 'Massive messaging storm' takes out Telstra's DNS infrastructure | iTnews - Australian Information Security Awareness and Advisory August 2, 2020Incident Reported: August 02 2020 Australian Telco Outage August 2020: ‘Massive messaging storm’ takes out Telstra’s DNS infrastructure Walks back on …
- Storage failure downs New Zealand Defence websites August 2, 2020The New Zealand Defence Force websites have been out of action for a whole working week since Monday, with no estimated time of service restoration …
- Cenitex poaches V/Line IT security chief August 2, 2020CISO moves to Victoria's peak IT agency.
- REA Group repatriates 500TB of data to Google's Sydney cloud region August 2, 2020Having originally hosted it in Europe.
- OAIC records highest ever number of monthly data breaches August 2, 2020Since notification scheme began.
- University of Queensland rolls out MFA to staff and research students August 2, 2020Part of layered zero trust approach
- Privacy concerns after COVID-19 safety form used to make prank call August 2, 2020There are calls for the Queensland Government to provide clearer guidelines for business on how to protect people's privacy while sticking to their …
- 2020-013 Ransomware Targeting Australian Aged Care and Healthcare Sectors | Cyber.gov.au August 2, 2020The Australian Cyber Security Centre (ACSC) is aware of recent ransomware campaigns targeting the aged care and healthcare sectors. Cyber criminals …
- 'Massive messaging storm' takes out Telstra's DNS infrastructure August 2, 2020A "massive messaging storm" overwhelmed a portion of Telstra's domain name server infrastructure for several hours on Sunday, causing widespread …
- China’s cyber espionage surge in Australia: opportunism not punishment | The Strategist July 31, 2020One of the theories floated about China’s recent cyber espionage campaign against Australia is that it’s being used to punish us for banning Huawei …
- iTWire - Australia among countries most targeted by ‘significant’ cyber attacks, as cyber crime costs global economy US$6 trillion July 29, 2020The prevalence and severity of cyber attacks are increasing at an alarming rate every year, so much so, that statistics estimate that cybercrime will …
- iTWire - Australian firms hit by rising cyber attacks and breaches in last 12 months July 29, 2020A survey of 250 Australian chief information officers, chief technology officers and chief information security officers has found that both cyber …