Australian Information Cybersecurity Incident May 2020: Geelong Council has taken the Geelong Australia website offline on Wednesday afternoon following a cyber-security incident.Read More
February 2020 Australian Information and Cyber Security News
Security Incidents, Privacy Breaches, Malware/Ransomware Attacks, Data Breaches, Audit Findings and more….
Minister for Defence says there was no significant exploitation from Russian hackers – ABC News (Australia)
Minister for Defence, Marise Payne, says there was no significant exploitation from Russian hackers, who tapped into an estimated 400 Australian business’ networks last year. The US and UK were also affected. Source:...Read More
The Commonwealth Bank has been accused of giving falsified evidence to the Privacy Commissioner over a contractor’s repeated unlawful accessing of a customer’s account. Source: Commonwealth Bank accused of misleading...Read More
Financial firms and their customers stand to gain significant benefits from Australia’s planned open banking ecosystem. However, before those benefits can be realised, there are key security issues that need to be...Read More
Troy Hunt has collected a trove of 4.8 billion stolen identity records pulled from the darkest corners of the internet — but he isn’t a hacker. Working barefoot and in beachwear from his home office on...Read More
The PM says everyone should change their password regularly. Source: Malcolm Turnbull reveals his iTunes account was hacked once | The West AustralianRead More
Foreign-backed saboteurs who plant sleeper bugs in critical infrastructure that could be mobilised to wreak havoc will face up to 15 years’ jail. Source: New sabotage laws for cyber attacks on Australia’s critical...Read More
by Steven Kirby | Dec 21, 2017 | APP Australian Privacy Principles, Australia, Big Data, Cybersecurity, Cybersecurity Research, Data Handling, Federal Government, iTnews, Medical and Health Care, Privacy | 0 |
Researchers from the University of Melbourne have been able to easily re-identify patients from confidential data released by the federal Health department, without using decryption methods. Privacy commissioner investigating....Read More
The Australian Federal Police disclosed the telecommunications metadata of 13 people – including two Australian citizens – to foreign law enforcement agencies in the most recent financial year. Source: AFP’s...Read More
Prime Minister Malcolm Turnbull has reshuffled his ministry to give justice minister Michael Keenan responsibility for the Commonwealth’s digital transformation agenda and Angus Taylor the remit of the cyber security...Read More
Australian Information Security Incident Reported: December 19 2017 Sydney (AFP) –...Read More
More Australian News
- iTWire - Fisher & Paykel attackers release second lot of company documents on dark web July 1, 2020Attackers who used the Nefilim ransomware, that works on Windows systems, to attack appliance maker Fisher & Paykel have posted links to a second lot …
- AGL loses its IT security chief July 1, 2020CISO departs after more than two years.
- Over 82,000 Aussies' details leaked in crypto scam July 1, 2020Victim's details show up on the web.
- ATO systems crash in tax time refund rush July 1, 2020Agency urgently investigating outage.
- Cybersecurity spending gets $1.35bn boost in wake of online attacks against Australia | ABC News July 1, 2020
- Australia is experiencing the 'three Ds' of cyber crime and it's time to wake up June 30, 2020I'm sitting at the kitchen table, staring at my laptop screen and watching red dots pulse on a map of the world. Each represents a cyber attack …
- Monash Uni infosec staff find gaping security hole in Palo Alto Networks gear June 30, 2020Authentication bypass could be targeted by foreign adversaries.
- NSW govt seeks input on next cyber security strategy June 30, 2020The NSW government is seeking views from industry to help shape the state’s next cyber security strategy ahead of its launch later this year. Customer …
- Cybersecurity spending boosted as Australia targeted by online attacks June 30, 2020The Federal Government wants to create more than 500 new jobs in its highly secretive cyber intelligence agency as part of what it says is …
- 'Offensive capability': $1.3b for new cyber spies to go after hackers June 30, 2020Australian security agencies believe China is behind the cyber raids on all levels of government, although the Morrison government has chosen not to …
- Govt reveals $1.35bn investment in cybersecurity over next decade June 30, 2020After surprise hack threat warning a fortnight ago.
- Australia launches massive cou on government agencies and businesses June 29, 2020Australia is hiring an army of 500 cyber spies to defend the nation's online infrastructure after last month's cyber attack, believed to be at the …
- Platform for firms to boost cyber defences - 9News June 28, 2020Australian businesses will be able to share information about cyber threats in a bid to help defend against attacks under a platform being developed …
- Australian ACSC ‘s report confirms the use of Chinese malware in recent attacks June 28, 2020Australian ACSC published a detailed report on the techniques, tactics, and procedures associated with the threat actor that targeted organizations …
- Incident: Gang uses REvil to attack Melbourne contract formulation firm Chem Pack | iTWire - Australian Information Security Awareness and Advisory June 28, 2020Australian Malware Attack June 2020: Gang uses REvil to attack Melbourne contract formulation firm Chem Pack Windows ransomware has now hit much …