Australian Ransomware Medical Attack: August 03 2020: Regis Healthcare loses data in Maze ransomware infection, prompts ACSC warning on broader campaign targeting aged care.Read More
Category: Data Loss
Incident: Auckland’s Rosehill College deletes pupils’ personal data from their own laptops | Stuff.co.NZ
NZ Cyber Incident August 08 2019: Rosehill College Auckland which requires pupils to buy their own digital devices has come under fire after all data was deleted from students’ laptops during a school-mandated software update.Read More
Incident: Perth-based Cyanweb Solutions hit by “criminal hacking”, website data and backups lost | HackerCombat LLC
Australian Information Security Incident Reported: July 07 2018 Australia based Cyabweb Solution...Read More
Incident: Australia’s Largest Bank Lost The Personal Financial Histories Of 12 Million Customers | BuzzFeed
Australian Information Security Incident Reported: May 02 2018 The Commonwealth Bank lost the...Read More
Incident: ‘Significant amount’ of sensitive security data stolen in Perth Airport hacking | The West Australian
by Steven Kirby | Dec 11, 2017 | Australian InfoSec Incident, Australian InfoSec Incidents 2017, Cyber Espionage, Cybersecurity, Data Loss, Hacked, The West Australian, Transport and Logistics, Western Australia | 0 |
Australian Information Security Incident Reported: December 11 2017 A skilled hacker in Vietnam...Read More
by Steven Kirby | Dec 5, 2017 | Australia, Australian InfoSec Incident, Australian InfoSec Incidents 2017, Banking and Finance, Cybersecurity, Data Loss, OSWAP Top Ten, Privacy, SMH - The Sydney Morning Herald | 0 |
Australian Information Security Incident Reported: December 5 2017 One of Australia’s...Read More
Parliament House security manual lost by contractor, but there is ‘no compromise’ to safety | ABC News (Australia)
A 1,000-page manual on future security arrangements for Parliament House has been lost, but the Department of Parliamentary Services (DPS) argues the building’s safety has not been compromised. Source: Parliament House...Read More
The government will not confirm that a state actor was responsible for the attack, although says it is a possibility. Source: Massive ‘Alf’ military data breach prompts demands to reveal state hackersRead More
Amendments to the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) were passed in mid-February which introduce an obligation for Australian organisations covered by the Act to notify affected individuals and the Office of the Australian Information...Read More
The Department of Human Services issued new Medicare numbers to 165 people after learning some had been sold on the dark web, twice the figure previously thought to be impacted. DHS had logs that meant it could determine the...Read More
Aussies lost or destroyed their smartphones at a rate of 1,370 per day – or 2.5 million smartphones in the last five years – and, it seems, millennials are the worst offenders. Source: iTWire – More than 2 million...Read More
The Australian Red Cross Blood Service and its website contractor have escaped penalties from the country’s privacy watchdog over a 2016 data breach that exposed the data of 550,000 donors. Source: Blood Service escapes...Read More
More Australian News
- Morrison pursues tougher powers in fight against cyber attacks and criminals' activity August 5, 2020Scott Morrison will unveil on Thursday a cyber security package to give greater protection to critical Australian infrastructure and bolster the …
- Ministers push to keep digital ID systems uniform August 4, 2020Agree to create national roadmap.
- NSW govt digital projects to face new privacy test August 4, 2020Digital restart funding now subject to privacy watchdog advice by law.
- Incident: 'Massive messaging storm' takes out Telstra's DNS infrastructure | iTnews - Australian Information Security Awareness and Advisory August 2, 2020Incident Reported: August 02 2020 Australian Telco Outage August 2020: ‘Massive messaging storm’ takes out Telstra’s DNS infrastructure Walks back on …
- Storage failure downs New Zealand Defence websites August 2, 2020The New Zealand Defence Force websites have been out of action for a whole working week since Monday, with no estimated time of service restoration …
- Cenitex poaches V/Line IT security chief August 2, 2020CISO moves to Victoria's peak IT agency.
- REA Group repatriates 500TB of data to Google's Sydney cloud region August 2, 2020Having originally hosted it in Europe.
- OAIC records highest ever number of monthly data breaches August 2, 2020Since notification scheme began.
- University of Queensland rolls out MFA to staff and research students August 2, 2020Part of layered zero trust approach
- Privacy concerns after COVID-19 safety form used to make prank call August 2, 2020There are calls for the Queensland Government to provide clearer guidelines for business on how to protect people's privacy while sticking to their …
- 2020-013 Ransomware Targeting Australian Aged Care and Healthcare Sectors | Cyber.gov.au August 2, 2020The Australian Cyber Security Centre (ACSC) is aware of recent ransomware campaigns targeting the aged care and healthcare sectors. Cyber criminals …
- 'Massive messaging storm' takes out Telstra's DNS infrastructure August 2, 2020A "massive messaging storm" overwhelmed a portion of Telstra's domain name server infrastructure for several hours on Sunday, causing widespread …
- China’s cyber espionage surge in Australia: opportunism not punishment | The Strategist July 31, 2020One of the theories floated about China’s recent cyber espionage campaign against Australia is that it’s being used to punish us for banning Huawei …
- iTWire - Australia among countries most targeted by ‘significant’ cyber attacks, as cyber crime costs global economy US$6 trillion July 29, 2020The prevalence and severity of cyber attacks are increasing at an alarming rate every year, so much so, that statistics estimate that cybercrime will …
- iTWire - Australian firms hit by rising cyber attacks and breaches in last 12 months July 29, 2020A survey of 250 Australian chief information officers, chief technology officers and chief information security officers has found that both cyber …