Australian Audit Report June 2020: ACT Government agencies don’t understand data security and put privacy at risk, auditor-general says. Agencies lacking understanding, awareness.Read More
Category: Public Sector
Australian Audit Report June 2020: NSW unis taken to task over poor cyber stance. Institutions still without cyber risk policies, audit finds.Read More
Australian Audit Report May 2020: Australian federal agencies cop mass fail in core systems cyber review. Just one agency gets ‘essential eight’ tick for financial, HR systems.Read More
Australian Information Cybersecurity Incident May 2020: Geelong Council has taken the Geelong Australia website offline on Wednesday afternoon following a cyber-security incident.Read More
Australian Phishing Attack April 2020: Citizen data compromised as Service NSW falls victim to phishing attack. The attack involved the illegal accessing of 47 Service NSW staff members’ email accounts.Read More
Incident: Confidential details of entire WA Police Force accessed in ‘startling’ audit breach, CCC finds | ABC News (Australia)
Australian Privacy Breach April 2020: Confidential details of entire Western Australian Police Force accessed in ‘startling’ audit breach, CCC finds. An investigation has revealed a CCC staff member accessed and downloaded highly confidential information about all of the state’s 8,800 police officers.Read More
Australian Audit Report 2020: Western Australian agencies still vulnerable to cyber security weaknesses. Auditor identifies persistent infosec and business continuity risks.Read More
Incident: Federal court data breach sees names of protection visa applicants made public | ABC News (Australia)
Australian Privacy Breach February 2020: Federal court data breach sees names of protection visa applicants made public on the website of the Federal Court putting asylum seekers at riskRead More
Incident: Updated Citrix Bug – Fears private details of Australian Defence Force members compromised in database hack | ABC News (Australia)
Australian Cyber Attack March 2020: A highly sensitive military database containing the personal details of tens of thousands of Australian Defence Force (ADF) members was shut down for 10 days due to fears it had been hacked.Read More
Incident: Suspected Ryuk ransomware attack locks down Adelaide’s City of Onkaparinga council | ABC News (Australia)
Australian Local Government Ransomware January 2020: Suspected Ryuk ransomware attack locks down Adelaide’s City of Onkaparinga council. Forced staff to start their holidays earlier than planned.Read More
Incident: Redland City councillor Tracey Huges ‘deeply sorry’ over mistake in attaching spreadsheet to New Year’s Eve invitation | Redland City Bulletin
Australian Privacy Breach January 2020: Redland City councillor Tracey Huges ‘deeply sorry’ over mistake in attaching spreadsheet to New Year’s Eve invitation, with the personal details of 297 residents, and their details of correspondence with councilRead More
Australian Virus/Malware Incident October 2019: Australian Virus/Malware Incident October 2019: A number of rural Victorian health services in the state’s north-east were forced to shut down their IT systems due to a malware virus.Read More
More Australian News
- iTWire - Fisher & Paykel attackers release second lot of company documents on dark web July 1, 2020Attackers who used the Nefilim ransomware, that works on Windows systems, to attack appliance maker Fisher & Paykel have posted links to a second lot …
- AGL loses its IT security chief July 1, 2020CISO departs after more than two years.
- Over 82,000 Aussies' details leaked in crypto scam July 1, 2020Victim's details show up on the web.
- ATO systems crash in tax time refund rush July 1, 2020Agency urgently investigating outage.
- Cybersecurity spending gets $1.35bn boost in wake of online attacks against Australia | ABC News July 1, 2020
- Australia is experiencing the 'three Ds' of cyber crime and it's time to wake up June 30, 2020I'm sitting at the kitchen table, staring at my laptop screen and watching red dots pulse on a map of the world. Each represents a cyber attack …
- Monash Uni infosec staff find gaping security hole in Palo Alto Networks gear June 30, 2020Authentication bypass could be targeted by foreign adversaries.
- NSW govt seeks input on next cyber security strategy June 30, 2020The NSW government is seeking views from industry to help shape the state’s next cyber security strategy ahead of its launch later this year. Customer …
- Cybersecurity spending boosted as Australia targeted by online attacks June 30, 2020The Federal Government wants to create more than 500 new jobs in its highly secretive cyber intelligence agency as part of what it says is …
- 'Offensive capability': $1.3b for new cyber spies to go after hackers June 30, 2020Australian security agencies believe China is behind the cyber raids on all levels of government, although the Morrison government has chosen not to …
- Govt reveals $1.35bn investment in cybersecurity over next decade June 30, 2020After surprise hack threat warning a fortnight ago.
- Australia launches massive cou on government agencies and businesses June 29, 2020Australia is hiring an army of 500 cyber spies to defend the nation's online infrastructure after last month's cyber attack, believed to be at the …
- Platform for firms to boost cyber defences - 9News June 28, 2020Australian businesses will be able to share information about cyber threats in a bid to help defend against attacks under a platform being developed …
- Australian ACSC ‘s report confirms the use of Chinese malware in recent attacks June 28, 2020Australian ACSC published a detailed report on the techniques, tactics, and procedures associated with the threat actor that targeted organizations …
- Incident: Gang uses REvil to attack Melbourne contract formulation firm Chem Pack | iTWire - Australian Information Security Awareness and Advisory June 28, 2020Australian Malware Attack June 2020: Gang uses REvil to attack Melbourne contract formulation firm Chem Pack Windows ransomware has now hit much …