Australian Phishing Attack April 2020: Citizen data compromised as Service NSW falls victim to phishing attack. The attack involved the illegal accessing of 47 Service NSW staff members’ email accounts.Read More
Category: Email Phishing
Incident: Hackers target West Australia’s major daily newspaper, putting data of subscribers at risk | WAtoday
Australian Phishing Attack May 2020: Hackers target The West Australian, WA’s major daily newspaper, putting data of subscribers at risk, impersonating the administrator sending out phishing emails and accessed historic conversations.Read More
Australian Survey Hacked January 2020: Perth Mint visitor feedback survey data stolen after West Australian market insights company Metrix Consulting was hacked via a Phishing scam.Read More
by Steven Kirby | Jan 15, 2019 | Australia, Australian InfoSec Incident, Australian InfoSec Incidents 2019, Email, Email Phishing, Email Spear Phing and Business Email Compromise (BEC), Federal Government, Government Agency, iTnews, Scam | 0 |
Phishers are targeting would-be tenderers to the Department of Infrastructure and Regional Development with an email and fake AusTender landing page.Read More
Australian Information Security Incident Reported: June 01 2018 A new email scam using St George...Read More
WHILE most people consider Christmas to be a time of celebration and giving, there are people out there looking to exploit the holiday. Sadly, we’re not just talking about your boss forcing you to come into work the day after...Read More
Two major Australian brands, Telstra and Commonwealth Bank, have been targeted by scammers in a bid to dupe users into downloading malware to their computers or giving up credit card details. Source: Telstra, CommBank targeted...Read More
A new phishing scam impersonating Microsoft Office 365 started hitting Aussie inboxes this week. Source: Cyber criminals target Australia through fake Microsoft Office 365 siteRead More
Don’t click “View my bill” if you receive these emails from Telstra or EnergyAustralia. Source: Fake Telstra and EnergyAustralia email bills spread banking trojans – CSO | The Resource for Data Security...Read More
NSW Police Cybercrime Unit detectives have charged three people following an investigation into a phishing scam, which netted more than $140,000 earlier this year. Source: Latest News – NSW Police Public SiteRead More
An 83-year-old woman is robbed of more than half a million dollars after email scammers pretend to be her settlement agent and convince her son to transfer cash into a bogus account. Source: WA property scam: Elderly woman loses...Read More
CERT NZ released a warning of a phishing scam claiming to be from the Ministry of Primary Industries (MPI). Source: SecurityBrief NZ – Phishing scam impersonates Ministry of Primary IndustriesRead More
More Australian News
- Morrison pursues tougher powers in fight against cyber attacks and criminals' activity August 5, 2020Scott Morrison will unveil on Thursday a cyber security package to give greater protection to critical Australian infrastructure and bolster the …
- Ministers push to keep digital ID systems uniform August 4, 2020Agree to create national roadmap.
- NSW govt digital projects to face new privacy test August 4, 2020Digital restart funding now subject to privacy watchdog advice by law.
- Incident: 'Massive messaging storm' takes out Telstra's DNS infrastructure | iTnews - Australian Information Security Awareness and Advisory August 2, 2020Incident Reported: August 02 2020 Australian Telco Outage August 2020: ‘Massive messaging storm’ takes out Telstra’s DNS infrastructure Walks back on …
- Storage failure downs New Zealand Defence websites August 2, 2020The New Zealand Defence Force websites have been out of action for a whole working week since Monday, with no estimated time of service restoration …
- Cenitex poaches V/Line IT security chief August 2, 2020CISO moves to Victoria's peak IT agency.
- REA Group repatriates 500TB of data to Google's Sydney cloud region August 2, 2020Having originally hosted it in Europe.
- OAIC records highest ever number of monthly data breaches August 2, 2020Since notification scheme began.
- University of Queensland rolls out MFA to staff and research students August 2, 2020Part of layered zero trust approach
- Privacy concerns after COVID-19 safety form used to make prank call August 2, 2020There are calls for the Queensland Government to provide clearer guidelines for business on how to protect people's privacy while sticking to their …
- 2020-013 Ransomware Targeting Australian Aged Care and Healthcare Sectors | Cyber.gov.au August 2, 2020The Australian Cyber Security Centre (ACSC) is aware of recent ransomware campaigns targeting the aged care and healthcare sectors. Cyber criminals …
- 'Massive messaging storm' takes out Telstra's DNS infrastructure August 2, 2020A "massive messaging storm" overwhelmed a portion of Telstra's domain name server infrastructure for several hours on Sunday, causing widespread …
- China’s cyber espionage surge in Australia: opportunism not punishment | The Strategist July 31, 2020One of the theories floated about China’s recent cyber espionage campaign against Australia is that it’s being used to punish us for banning Huawei …
- iTWire - Australia among countries most targeted by ‘significant’ cyber attacks, as cyber crime costs global economy US$6 trillion July 29, 2020The prevalence and severity of cyber attacks are increasing at an alarming rate every year, so much so, that statistics estimate that cybercrime will …
- iTWire - Australian firms hit by rising cyber attacks and breaches in last 12 months July 29, 2020A survey of 250 Australian chief information officers, chief technology officers and chief information security officers has found that both cyber …