Australian Phishing Attack April 2020: Citizen data compromised as Service NSW falls victim to phishing attack. The attack involved the illegal accessing of 47 Service NSW staff members’ email accounts.Read More
Incident: Police & Nurses Bank WA discloses data breach, customer account information, balances exposed | ZDnet
Australian Banking Breach January 2020: Police & Nurses Bank WA discloses data breach, customer account information, balances exposed. The Australian bank says a cyberattack took place during a server upgrade.Read More
NZ Medical Data Breach 8 October 2019. New Zealand’s Tū Ora Compass Health data breach exposes medical data of one million New Zealand residents.Read More
NZ Laptop Stolen 8 October 2019: New Zealand’s Commerce Commission (ComCom) confidential information on laptop belonging to ‘external provider’ containing over 200 meeting and interview transcripts taken in burglary, which has seen the provider dumped.Read More
An Australian IT consultant has on Tuesday been sentenced to three years imprisonment after pleading guilty to a total of 11 charges for insider trading, unauthorised access to data with the intention to commit a serious offence, and the alteration of electronic devices required by the Australian Securities and Investments Commission (ASIC).Read More
Australian Information Security Incident Reported: May 24 2019 Hacker claims to have stolen the...Read More
Australian real estate network First National has reportedly had information it held on job applicants leaked online.Read More
The Reserve Bank of Australia (RBA) has told the House of Representatives Standing Committee on Tax and Revenue that it wants to see Australia’s banks involved with building out the federal government’s digital...Read More
Moving the authentication platform, educating citizens, and stricter privacy controls were among the steps recommended to the Department of Human Services by a review into heath providers’ access to the Health Professional...Read More
The Office of the Australian Information Commissioner received 2,494 privacy-related complaints during the 12-month period. Source: Australians made over 2,000 privacy complaints to Commissioner in 2016-17 | ZDNetRead More
Australia is investing in short-term cyber technology goals, but what about longer-term strategic investments? Source: Cuts could threaten Australia’s cyberscience future | ZDNetRead More
Australia intends to take advantage of the region’s “booming economy” in cybersecurity, for itself and its friends, according to Ambassador for Cyber Affairs Dr Tobias Feakin. The nation will also be...Read More
More Australian News
- Morrison pursues tougher powers in fight against cyber attacks and criminals' activity August 5, 2020Scott Morrison will unveil on Thursday a cyber security package to give greater protection to critical Australian infrastructure and bolster the …
- Ministers push to keep digital ID systems uniform August 4, 2020Agree to create national roadmap.
- NSW govt digital projects to face new privacy test August 4, 2020Digital restart funding now subject to privacy watchdog advice by law.
- Incident: 'Massive messaging storm' takes out Telstra's DNS infrastructure | iTnews - Australian Information Security Awareness and Advisory August 2, 2020Incident Reported: August 02 2020 Australian Telco Outage August 2020: ‘Massive messaging storm’ takes out Telstra’s DNS infrastructure Walks back on …
- Storage failure downs New Zealand Defence websites August 2, 2020The New Zealand Defence Force websites have been out of action for a whole working week since Monday, with no estimated time of service restoration …
- Cenitex poaches V/Line IT security chief August 2, 2020CISO moves to Victoria's peak IT agency.
- REA Group repatriates 500TB of data to Google's Sydney cloud region August 2, 2020Having originally hosted it in Europe.
- OAIC records highest ever number of monthly data breaches August 2, 2020Since notification scheme began.
- University of Queensland rolls out MFA to staff and research students August 2, 2020Part of layered zero trust approach
- Privacy concerns after COVID-19 safety form used to make prank call August 2, 2020There are calls for the Queensland Government to provide clearer guidelines for business on how to protect people's privacy while sticking to their …
- 2020-013 Ransomware Targeting Australian Aged Care and Healthcare Sectors | Cyber.gov.au August 2, 2020The Australian Cyber Security Centre (ACSC) is aware of recent ransomware campaigns targeting the aged care and healthcare sectors. Cyber criminals …
- 'Massive messaging storm' takes out Telstra's DNS infrastructure August 2, 2020A "massive messaging storm" overwhelmed a portion of Telstra's domain name server infrastructure for several hours on Sunday, causing widespread …
- China’s cyber espionage surge in Australia: opportunism not punishment | The Strategist July 31, 2020One of the theories floated about China’s recent cyber espionage campaign against Australia is that it’s being used to punish us for banning Huawei …
- iTWire - Australia among countries most targeted by ‘significant’ cyber attacks, as cyber crime costs global economy US$6 trillion July 29, 2020The prevalence and severity of cyber attacks are increasing at an alarming rate every year, so much so, that statistics estimate that cybercrime will …
- iTWire - Australian firms hit by rising cyber attacks and breaches in last 12 months July 29, 2020A survey of 250 Australian chief information officers, chief technology officers and chief information security officers has found that both cyber …