Australian Regulator Data Breach 2021: ASIC reports server breached via Accellion vulnerability. File Transfer Applications were downloaded illegally during the breach.Read More
Category: Regulator and Authority
New Zealand Ransomware Attack December 2020. NZ financial strategies provider Staircase hit by Windows NetWalker ransomware. The attackers have listed a number of data files on their site on the dark webRead More
New Zealand Privacy Breach September 2020: RC plane and drone users’ details leaked by CAA New Zealand. CAA New Zealand violation of privacy involving people from around the world who filed complaints with them.Read More
by Steven Kirby | May 9, 2019 | Australia, Australian InfoSec Incident, Australian InfoSec Incidents 2019, Banking and Finance, Cyber Fraud, Federal Government, iTnews, Regulator and Authority, Scam | 0 |
Australian Information Security Incident Reported: May 09 2019 Scammers impersonating federal...Read More
by Steven Kirby | Dec 24, 2018 | Australian InfoSec Incident, Australian InfoSec Incidents 2018, Building and Construction, Configuration, Data Breach, iTnews, Regulator and Authority, State Government, Victoria | 0 |
Australian Information Security Incident Reported: December 24 2018 The Victorian Building...Read More
by Steven Kirby | Nov 9, 2017 | Australia, Australian InfoSec Incident, Australian InfoSec Incidents 2017, Cybersecurity, Data Breach, Privacy, Privacy Breach, Regulator and Authority, The Guardian, Website Compromise | 0 |
Australian Information Security Incident Reported: November 9 2017 Australia’s corporate regulator...Read More
ASIC has said that the cyber insurance brokers and insurers in Australia have the potential to be a launchpad for businesses to take cyber risk seriously putting boards on notice – and therefore take up cover too. Source: ASIC...Read More
More Australian News
- Alleged hacker claims to have released Optus customer data, and threatens to publish moreby ABC News on September 27, 2022
An online account which claims to have Optus customer data says it has released 10,000 records and will publish more unless the telecommunications …
- Optus 'left the window open' for data to be stolen, says Home Affairs Minister Clare O'Neil | 7.30by ABC News (Australia) on September 27, 2022
It's been revealed that the personal data of almost 10 million Optus customers has been compromised in a massive cyber security breach. While the company had...
- Optus defends its cyber security as government flags large fines | ABC Newsby ABC News (Australia) on September 27, 2022
Optus is denying claims by the federal government that it left its cyber defences open to the hackers who have stolen the personal information of almost 10 m...
- Optus customers warned to 'change passwords now' | 9 News Australiaby 9 News Australia on September 26, 2022
Optus has defended notifying the media of the cyberattack that potentially compromised the information of millions of people, ahead of any customers.On their...
- Alleged ransom threat probed after Optus cyber attack | 9 News Australiaby 9 News Australia on September 26, 2022
The data of millions of Optus customers could be sold to criminals after reports of an online ransom threat surfaced, demanding the telecommunications compan...
- Optus Customer Data Posted on Dark Web as Hacker Demands $1 million - Australian Cyber Security Magazineby ACSM_Editor on September 26, 2022
By Staff Writer. Last week’s cyberattack on Optus is rapidly shaping up as Australia’s worst data breach, with the personal information of over 11 …
- New Face at the Helm of the Australian Cyber Collaboration Centre - Australian Cyber Security Magazineby ACSM_admin on September 26, 2022
The Board of the Australian Cyber Collaboration Centre has announced Matthew Salier has been appointed CEO. Matthew will commence his role at The …
- Australia plans privacy rule changes after Optus cyber attackby Reuters on September 26, 2022
SYDNEY (Reuters) - Australia plans changes to its privacy rules so that banks can be alerted faster following cyber attacks at companies, Prime …
- New security measures to be unveiled following massive Optus data breachby David Speers on September 25, 2022
The Home Affairs Minister is soon expected to announce several new security measures following the massive Optus data breach that saw hackers steal …
- AFP monitoring dark web amid allegations stolen Optus data may be sold onlineby Henry Belot on September 24, 2022
The Australian Federal Police are monitoring the dark web and internet forums after reports stolen Optus data may be being sold online. One post on …
Weekly Australian News and Monthly Incident Review Emails
No advertisements, marketing, sales, or unsolicited emails. Your email address is ONLY used to send the publications listed above.