Australian Information Security Incident Reported: May 09 2019 Scammers impersonating federal...Read More
by Steven Kirby | Jan 15, 2019 | Australia, Australian InfoSec Incident, Australian InfoSec Incidents 2019, Email, Email Phishing, Email Spear Phing and Business Email Compromise (BEC), Federal Government, Government Agency, iTnews, Scam | 0 |
Phishers are targeting would-be tenderers to the Department of Infrastructure and Regional Development with an email and fake AusTender landing page.Read More
From fake puppies for sale, to holidays that don’t exist. Source: National scam warning over festive season | The West AustralianRead More
Incident: Queensland law firms lose millions to hackers in ‘highly-sophisticated’ email scam | Brisbane Times
by Steven Kirby | Dec 17, 2017 | Australian InfoSec Incident, Australian InfoSec Incidents 2017, Brisbane Times, Cyber Fraud, CyberCrime, Email Spear Phing and Business Email Compromise (BEC), Law & Legal, Queensland, Scam | 0 |
Australian Information Security Incident Reported: December 17 2017 At least two Queensland law...Read More
WHILE most people consider Christmas to be a time of celebration and giving, there are people out there looking to exploit the holiday. Sadly, we’re not just talking about your boss forcing you to come into work the day after...Read More
Two major Australian brands, Telstra and Commonwealth Bank, have been targeted by scammers in a bid to dupe users into downloading malware to their computers or giving up credit card details. Source: Telstra, CommBank targeted...Read More
A new phishing scam impersonating Microsoft Office 365 started hitting Aussie inboxes this week. Source: Cyber criminals target Australia through fake Microsoft Office 365 siteRead More
Don’t click “View my bill” if you receive these emails from Telstra or EnergyAustralia. Source: Fake Telstra and EnergyAustralia email bills spread banking trojans – CSO | The Resource for Data Security...Read More
An 83-year-old woman is robbed of more than half a million dollars after email scammers pretend to be her settlement agent and convince her son to transfer cash into a bogus account. Source: WA property scam: Elderly woman loses...Read More
CERT NZ released a warning of a phishing scam claiming to be from the Ministry of Primary Industries (MPI). Source: SecurityBrief NZ – Phishing scam impersonates Ministry of Primary IndustriesRead More
A new wave of phishing scams impersonating the ANZ brand has once again hit Australian inboxes, targeting customers across the country. Source: ANZ brand under attack again as scammers deploy phishing tactics –...Read More
Hundreds of businesses are being hit by this crafty cyber attack that’s more devastating than phishing scams | SmartCompany
New figures released by the Australian Criminal Intelligence Commission have revealed a crafty type of cyber attack is on the rise in Australia. Source: Hundreds of businesses are being hit by this crafty cyber attack...Read More
More Australian News
- Only 31% of Americans concerned with data security, despite 400% rise in cyberattacks July 5, 2020Bad actors have flooded the enterprise with coronavirus-related attacks, but professionals working from home have other worries, Unisys Security …
- How Have I Been Pwned became the keeper of the internet's biggest data breaches July 5, 2020When Troy Hunt launched Have I Been Pwned in late 2013, he wanted it to answer a simple question: Have you fallen victim to a data breach? Seven years …
- iTWire - Fisher & Paykel attackers release second lot of company documents on dark web July 1, 2020Attackers who used the Nefilim ransomware, that works on Windows systems, to attack appliance maker Fisher & Paykel have posted links to a second lot …
- AGL loses its IT security chief July 1, 2020CISO departs after more than two years.
- Over 82,000 Aussies' details leaked in crypto scam July 1, 2020Victim's details show up on the web.
- ATO systems crash in tax time refund rush July 1, 2020Agency urgently investigating outage.
- Cybersecurity spending gets $1.35bn boost in wake of online attacks against Australia | ABC News July 1, 2020
- Australia is experiencing the 'three Ds' of cyber crime and it's time to wake up June 30, 2020I'm sitting at the kitchen table, staring at my laptop screen and watching red dots pulse on a map of the world. Each represents a cyber attack …
- Monash Uni infosec staff find gaping security hole in Palo Alto Networks gear June 30, 2020Authentication bypass could be targeted by foreign adversaries.
- NSW govt seeks input on next cyber security strategy June 30, 2020The NSW government is seeking views from industry to help shape the state’s next cyber security strategy ahead of its launch later this year. Customer …
- Cybersecurity spending boosted as Australia targeted by online attacks June 30, 2020The Federal Government wants to create more than 500 new jobs in its highly secretive cyber intelligence agency as part of what it says is …
- 'Offensive capability': $1.3b for new cyber spies to go after hackers June 30, 2020Australian security agencies believe China is behind the cyber raids on all levels of government, although the Morrison government has chosen not to …
- Govt reveals $1.35bn investment in cybersecurity over next decade June 30, 2020After surprise hack threat warning a fortnight ago.
- Australia launches massive cou on government agencies and businesses June 29, 2020Australia is hiring an army of 500 cyber spies to defend the nation's online infrastructure after last month's cyber attack, believed to be at the …
- Platform for firms to boost cyber defences - 9News June 28, 2020Australian businesses will be able to share information about cyber threats in a bid to help defend against attacks under a platform being developed …