Australian Education Privacy Breach March 2020: Melbourne Polytechnic TAFE data breach exposes 55000 student, staff files. Sensitive financial, health data accessed.Read More
Category: ARN from IDG
Insider Threat 2nd July 2019 – A Queensland Police Officer has now stood down from official duty with the force pending an investigation into allegations of unauthorised access to confidential information.Read More
Optus Business is putting $3.5 million into Australia’s industry-led Cyber Security Cooperation Research Centre. Source: Optus Business flags $3.5M cyber security research playRead More
GPs, gyms, and childcare centres may have obligations under the Notifiable Data Breaches scheme — will your organisation?
Private sector health service providers will be required to notify affected individuals and the Australian Information Commissioner of data breaches that are likely to cause serious harm under the Notifiable Data Breaches (NDB)...Read More
A new phishing scam impersonating Microsoft Office 365 started hitting Aussie inboxes this week. Source: Cyber criminals target Australia through fake Microsoft Office 365 siteRead More
Following latest high-profile Government data breach, local partners weigh in on how IT contractors can avoid being caught up in the headlines. Source: Data governance in focus following Australia’s second-largest...Read More
The Federal Government calls for industry feedback over its proposed critical infrastructure security laws. Source: What will the Govt’s critical infrastructure laws mean for IT partners? – ARNRead More
The Government, local industry and research organisations are pooling over $139 million worth of investment into a new cyber security research centre. Source: Govt and industry pour millions into new cyber security research...Read More
Local businesses and the IT partners that handle their digital assets now have access to new guidelines aimed at minimising the risk of data breaches. The De-identification Decision-Making Framework guide, focuses on assessing...Read More
by Steven Kirby | Sep 11, 2017 | ARN from IDG, Australian InfoSec Incident, Australian InfoSec Incidents 2017, Cyber Fraud, Email Spear Phing and Business Email Compromise (BEC), Policing and Law Enforcement, Queensland | 0 |
Australian Information Security Incident Reported: September 11 2017 The Queensland Police...Read More
A new wave of phishing scams impersonating the ANZ brand has once again hit Australian inboxes, targeting customers across the country. Source: ANZ brand under attack again as scammers deploy phishing tactics –...Read More
The tropical storms that have rocked parts of South East Asia over the past week have knocked out sub-sea data cables between Australia and Asia. Source: Tropical storms sever sub-sea links between Australia and Asia –...Read More
More Australian News
- Only 31% of Americans concerned with data security, despite 400% rise in cyberattacks July 5, 2020Bad actors have flooded the enterprise with coronavirus-related attacks, but professionals working from home have other worries, Unisys Security …
- How Have I Been Pwned became the keeper of the internet's biggest data breaches July 5, 2020When Troy Hunt launched Have I Been Pwned in late 2013, he wanted it to answer a simple question: Have you fallen victim to a data breach? Seven years …
- iTWire - Fisher & Paykel attackers release second lot of company documents on dark web July 1, 2020Attackers who used the Nefilim ransomware, that works on Windows systems, to attack appliance maker Fisher & Paykel have posted links to a second lot …
- AGL loses its IT security chief July 1, 2020CISO departs after more than two years.
- Over 82,000 Aussies' details leaked in crypto scam July 1, 2020Victim's details show up on the web.
- ATO systems crash in tax time refund rush July 1, 2020Agency urgently investigating outage.
- Cybersecurity spending gets $1.35bn boost in wake of online attacks against Australia | ABC News July 1, 2020
- Australia is experiencing the 'three Ds' of cyber crime and it's time to wake up June 30, 2020I'm sitting at the kitchen table, staring at my laptop screen and watching red dots pulse on a map of the world. Each represents a cyber attack …
- Monash Uni infosec staff find gaping security hole in Palo Alto Networks gear June 30, 2020Authentication bypass could be targeted by foreign adversaries.
- NSW govt seeks input on next cyber security strategy June 30, 2020The NSW government is seeking views from industry to help shape the state’s next cyber security strategy ahead of its launch later this year. Customer …
- Cybersecurity spending boosted as Australia targeted by online attacks June 30, 2020The Federal Government wants to create more than 500 new jobs in its highly secretive cyber intelligence agency as part of what it says is …
- 'Offensive capability': $1.3b for new cyber spies to go after hackers June 30, 2020Australian security agencies believe China is behind the cyber raids on all levels of government, although the Morrison government has chosen not to …
- Govt reveals $1.35bn investment in cybersecurity over next decade June 30, 2020After surprise hack threat warning a fortnight ago.
- Australia launches massive cou on government agencies and businesses June 29, 2020Australia is hiring an army of 500 cyber spies to defend the nation's online infrastructure after last month's cyber attack, believed to be at the …
- Platform for firms to boost cyber defences - 9News June 28, 2020Australian businesses will be able to share information about cyber threats in a bid to help defend against attacks under a platform being developed …