Australian Information Security Incident Reported: October 24 2017 Regional internet registry for...Read More
Australia’s inaugural cyber engagement strategy will see the federal government pursue a coordinated approach to reinforcing cyber resilience with its international partners, placing a particular focus on the Indo-Pacific...Read More
BT has appointed Rajiv Shah as its director for government cyber security in Australasia. Source: iTWire – Shah leads BT government cyber businessRead More
The Commonwealth Bank of Australia (CBA) is seeking to export cyber security training to Indonesia and beyond, the bank’s chief information security officer said today. Source: CBA to export cyber training to Indonesia,...Read More
Australia intends to take advantage of the region’s “booming economy” in cybersecurity, for itself and its friends, according to Ambassador for Cyber Affairs Dr Tobias Feakin. The nation will also be...Read More
The tropical storms that have rocked parts of South East Asia over the past week have knocked out sub-sea data cables between Australia and Asia. Source: Tropical storms sever sub-sea links between Australia and Asia –...Read More
APAC’s “fractured and localized” cybersecurity regulation poses challenges for firms | Australian Lawyer
Law firms and financial institutions operating in APAC can expect to face more challenges ahead as cyberattacks become more sophisticated and far-reaching. The region’s cybersecurity regulation remains “fractured and localized”...Read More
Findings from a Deloitte report on cybercrime have placed financial services providers in the Asia-Pacific as a key target for attacks. Source: Asia-Pacific financial services key target for cybercrime | Money...Read More
Australia and Singapore agreement shows potential for cybersecurity cooperation elsewhere | Out-law.com
A recent agreement signed between Australia and Singapore which will see the two countries work together to address cyber risks is a blueprint for similar collaborations across the globe. Source: Australia and Singapore...Read More
APAC internet users demand stronger access & right to delete their online information | SecurityBrief Australia
Internet users across APAC rate cybersecurity, data protection, access, connectivity and privacy as the most important policy-related concerns. Those statistics are from the Internet Society Survey on Policy Issues in Asia...Read More
More Australian News
- Alleged hacker claims to have released Optus customer data, and threatens to publish moreby ABC News on September 27, 2022
An online account which claims to have Optus customer data says it has released 10,000 records and will publish more unless the telecommunications …
- Optus 'left the window open' for data to be stolen, says Home Affairs Minister Clare O'Neil | 7.30by ABC News (Australia) on September 27, 2022
It's been revealed that the personal data of almost 10 million Optus customers has been compromised in a massive cyber security breach. While the company had...
- Optus defends its cyber security as government flags large fines | ABC Newsby ABC News (Australia) on September 27, 2022
Optus is denying claims by the federal government that it left its cyber defences open to the hackers who have stolen the personal information of almost 10 m...
- Optus customers warned to 'change passwords now' | 9 News Australiaby 9 News Australia on September 26, 2022
Optus has defended notifying the media of the cyberattack that potentially compromised the information of millions of people, ahead of any customers.On their...
- Alleged ransom threat probed after Optus cyber attack | 9 News Australiaby 9 News Australia on September 26, 2022
The data of millions of Optus customers could be sold to criminals after reports of an online ransom threat surfaced, demanding the telecommunications compan...
- Optus Customer Data Posted on Dark Web as Hacker Demands $1 million - Australian Cyber Security Magazineby ACSM_Editor on September 26, 2022
By Staff Writer. Last week’s cyberattack on Optus is rapidly shaping up as Australia’s worst data breach, with the personal information of over 11 …
- New Face at the Helm of the Australian Cyber Collaboration Centre - Australian Cyber Security Magazineby ACSM_admin on September 26, 2022
The Board of the Australian Cyber Collaboration Centre has announced Matthew Salier has been appointed CEO. Matthew will commence his role at The …
- Australia plans privacy rule changes after Optus cyber attackby Reuters on September 26, 2022
SYDNEY (Reuters) - Australia plans changes to its privacy rules so that banks can be alerted faster following cyber attacks at companies, Prime …
- New security measures to be unveiled following massive Optus data breachby David Speers on September 25, 2022
The Home Affairs Minister is soon expected to announce several new security measures following the massive Optus data breach that saw hackers steal …
- AFP monitoring dark web amid allegations stolen Optus data may be sold onlineby Henry Belot on September 24, 2022
The Australian Federal Police are monitoring the dark web and internet forums after reports stolen Optus data may be being sold online. One post on …
Weekly Australian News and Monthly Incident Review Emails
No advertisements, marketing, sales, or unsolicited emails. Your email address is ONLY used to send the publications listed above.