Australian Information Security Incident Reported: October 24 2017 Regional internet registry for...Read More
Australia’s inaugural cyber engagement strategy will see the federal government pursue a coordinated approach to reinforcing cyber resilience with its international partners, placing a particular focus on the Indo-Pacific...Read More
BT has appointed Rajiv Shah as its director for government cyber security in Australasia. Source: iTWire – Shah leads BT government cyber businessRead More
The Commonwealth Bank of Australia (CBA) is seeking to export cyber security training to Indonesia and beyond, the bank’s chief information security officer said today. Source: CBA to export cyber training to Indonesia,...Read More
Australia intends to take advantage of the region’s “booming economy” in cybersecurity, for itself and its friends, according to Ambassador for Cyber Affairs Dr Tobias Feakin. The nation will also be...Read More
The tropical storms that have rocked parts of South East Asia over the past week have knocked out sub-sea data cables between Australia and Asia. Source: Tropical storms sever sub-sea links between Australia and Asia –...Read More
APAC’s “fractured and localized” cybersecurity regulation poses challenges for firms | Australian Lawyer
Law firms and financial institutions operating in APAC can expect to face more challenges ahead as cyberattacks become more sophisticated and far-reaching. The region’s cybersecurity regulation remains “fractured and localized”...Read More
Findings from a Deloitte report on cybercrime have placed financial services providers in the Asia-Pacific as a key target for attacks. Source: Asia-Pacific financial services key target for cybercrime | Money...Read More
Australia and Singapore agreement shows potential for cybersecurity cooperation elsewhere | Out-law.com
A recent agreement signed between Australia and Singapore which will see the two countries work together to address cyber risks is a blueprint for similar collaborations across the globe. Source: Australia and Singapore...Read More
APAC internet users demand stronger access & right to delete their online information | SecurityBrief Australia
Internet users across APAC rate cybersecurity, data protection, access, connectivity and privacy as the most important policy-related concerns. Those statistics are from the Internet Society Survey on Policy Issues in Asia...Read More
More Australian News
- Only 31% of Americans concerned with data security, despite 400% rise in cyberattacks July 5, 2020Bad actors have flooded the enterprise with coronavirus-related attacks, but professionals working from home have other worries, Unisys Security …
- How Have I Been Pwned became the keeper of the internet's biggest data breaches July 5, 2020When Troy Hunt launched Have I Been Pwned in late 2013, he wanted it to answer a simple question: Have you fallen victim to a data breach? Seven years …
- iTWire - Fisher & Paykel attackers release second lot of company documents on dark web July 1, 2020Attackers who used the Nefilim ransomware, that works on Windows systems, to attack appliance maker Fisher & Paykel have posted links to a second lot …
- AGL loses its IT security chief July 1, 2020CISO departs after more than two years.
- Over 82,000 Aussies' details leaked in crypto scam July 1, 2020Victim's details show up on the web.
- ATO systems crash in tax time refund rush July 1, 2020Agency urgently investigating outage.
- Cybersecurity spending gets $1.35bn boost in wake of online attacks against Australia | ABC News July 1, 2020
- Australia is experiencing the 'three Ds' of cyber crime and it's time to wake up June 30, 2020I'm sitting at the kitchen table, staring at my laptop screen and watching red dots pulse on a map of the world. Each represents a cyber attack …
- Monash Uni infosec staff find gaping security hole in Palo Alto Networks gear June 30, 2020Authentication bypass could be targeted by foreign adversaries.
- NSW govt seeks input on next cyber security strategy June 30, 2020The NSW government is seeking views from industry to help shape the state’s next cyber security strategy ahead of its launch later this year. Customer …
- Cybersecurity spending boosted as Australia targeted by online attacks June 30, 2020The Federal Government wants to create more than 500 new jobs in its highly secretive cyber intelligence agency as part of what it says is …
- 'Offensive capability': $1.3b for new cyber spies to go after hackers June 30, 2020Australian security agencies believe China is behind the cyber raids on all levels of government, although the Morrison government has chosen not to …
- Govt reveals $1.35bn investment in cybersecurity over next decade June 30, 2020After surprise hack threat warning a fortnight ago.
- Australia launches massive cou on government agencies and businesses June 29, 2020Australia is hiring an army of 500 cyber spies to defend the nation's online infrastructure after last month's cyber attack, believed to be at the …
- Platform for firms to boost cyber defences - 9News June 28, 2020Australian businesses will be able to share information about cyber threats in a bid to help defend against attacks under a platform being developed …