A Sydney man has been charged by AFP for alleged involvement in WickedGen.com.Read More
Category: Identity Management
The Reserve Bank of Australia (RBA) has told the House of Representatives Standing Committee on Tax and Revenue that it wants to see Australia’s banks involved with building out the federal government’s digital...Read More
Online banking has led the way in innovation before security and this is a major reason why the security environment is what it is today, Richard Cookes, country manager ANZ of identity and access management company One...Read More
The Digital Transformation Agency is yet to decide which agency will be entrusted as the federal government’s sole identity provider for the whole-of-gov Govpass digital identity platform even as testing of the new verifier...Read More
The Australian Taxation Office has started testing the Digital Transformation Agency’s new whole-of-government digital identity platform, Govpass. Source: ATO begins testing DTA’s digital identity platform –...Read More
South Australia’s digital drivers’ licences to reduce possibility of forgery, Government says – ABC News (Australia)
Drivers’ licences will enter the digital era next month with the State Government to make them available on a smartphone app in an effort to enhance security. Source: South Australia’s digital drivers’ licences...Read More
TAL might be Australia’s biggest life insurance company but it’s not a household name – something the firm wanted to change with a huge consumer-facing push that began last year and dialled up pressure on the IT...Read More
Social media use continues to grow, making the fate of accounts a major issue. Family members and executors will encounter different rules on different platforms. Source: ‘Likes’ after death: handling the deceased’s social...Read More
With close to three million taxpayers now able to prove their identity with just their voice, the take-up of the Australian Taxation Office’s voice biometric authentication service has been one of the most successful...Read More
Credit Union Australia and the Queensland Police Service are two of a handful of the first customers to sign up for Australia Post’s Digital ID identify verification service. Source: AusPost signs CUA, QPS as first Digital...Read More
Minister for Immigration and Border Protection Peter Dutton said on Wednesday the new AU$22.5 million, three-year contract will initially see 105 new smartgates rolled out that will enable passengers to be processed using facial...Read More
AUSTRALIANS could soon be able to shop online, register their car and update Medicare details under a new “super logon” scheme being developed by the Turnbull government. Source: Government log on: Turnbull government considers...Read More
More Australian News
- Only 31% of Americans concerned with data security, despite 400% rise in cyberattacks July 5, 2020Bad actors have flooded the enterprise with coronavirus-related attacks, but professionals working from home have other worries, Unisys Security …
- How Have I Been Pwned became the keeper of the internet's biggest data breaches July 5, 2020When Troy Hunt launched Have I Been Pwned in late 2013, he wanted it to answer a simple question: Have you fallen victim to a data breach? Seven years …
- iTWire - Fisher & Paykel attackers release second lot of company documents on dark web July 1, 2020Attackers who used the Nefilim ransomware, that works on Windows systems, to attack appliance maker Fisher & Paykel have posted links to a second lot …
- AGL loses its IT security chief July 1, 2020CISO departs after more than two years.
- Over 82,000 Aussies' details leaked in crypto scam July 1, 2020Victim's details show up on the web.
- ATO systems crash in tax time refund rush July 1, 2020Agency urgently investigating outage.
- Cybersecurity spending gets $1.35bn boost in wake of online attacks against Australia | ABC News July 1, 2020
- Australia is experiencing the 'three Ds' of cyber crime and it's time to wake up June 30, 2020I'm sitting at the kitchen table, staring at my laptop screen and watching red dots pulse on a map of the world. Each represents a cyber attack …
- Monash Uni infosec staff find gaping security hole in Palo Alto Networks gear June 30, 2020Authentication bypass could be targeted by foreign adversaries.
- NSW govt seeks input on next cyber security strategy June 30, 2020The NSW government is seeking views from industry to help shape the state’s next cyber security strategy ahead of its launch later this year. Customer …
- Cybersecurity spending boosted as Australia targeted by online attacks June 30, 2020The Federal Government wants to create more than 500 new jobs in its highly secretive cyber intelligence agency as part of what it says is …
- 'Offensive capability': $1.3b for new cyber spies to go after hackers June 30, 2020Australian security agencies believe China is behind the cyber raids on all levels of government, although the Morrison government has chosen not to …
- Govt reveals $1.35bn investment in cybersecurity over next decade June 30, 2020After surprise hack threat warning a fortnight ago.
- Australia launches massive cou on government agencies and businesses June 29, 2020Australia is hiring an army of 500 cyber spies to defend the nation's online infrastructure after last month's cyber attack, believed to be at the …
- Platform for firms to boost cyber defences - 9News June 28, 2020Australian businesses will be able to share information about cyber threats in a bid to help defend against attacks under a platform being developed …