VicRoads opens up. Victoria is hoping to become one of the first states or territories to grant access to its database of drivers licence images when the national facial biometric matching capability goes live next year. Source:...Read More
Online banking has led the way in innovation before security and this is a major reason why the security environment is what it is today, Richard Cookes, country manager ANZ of identity and access management company One...Read More
The Digital Transformation Agency is yet to decide which agency will be entrusted as the federal government’s sole identity provider for the whole-of-gov Govpass digital identity platform even as testing of the new verifier...Read More
MALCOLM Turnbull insists new anti-terror measures won’t lead to mass surveillance, but China and Russia prove it makes things just a little too easy for Big Brother. Source: Facial recognition in Australia: Will technology keep...Read More
Quote: Bruce Schneier “If someone steals your password, you can change it. But if someone steals your thumbprint, you can’t get a new thumb. The failure modes are very different”
“If someone steals your password, you can change it. But if someone steals your thumbprint, you can’t get a new thumb. The failure modes are very different” – Bruce SchneierRead More
National Pharmacies, which has branded chemists in three states, has introduced facial recognition technology to allow customers to perform a range of transactions using in-store kiosks. Source: National Pharmacies uses in-store...Read More
Federal, state and territory leaders have agreed to merge passport and driver’s licence photo data into a single national database for facial matching purposes. Denies it amounts to ‘mass surveillance’. Source: Govts...Read More
More Australian News
- Only 31% of Americans concerned with data security, despite 400% rise in cyberattacks July 5, 2020Bad actors have flooded the enterprise with coronavirus-related attacks, but professionals working from home have other worries, Unisys Security …
- How Have I Been Pwned became the keeper of the internet's biggest data breaches July 5, 2020When Troy Hunt launched Have I Been Pwned in late 2013, he wanted it to answer a simple question: Have you fallen victim to a data breach? Seven years …
- iTWire - Fisher & Paykel attackers release second lot of company documents on dark web July 1, 2020Attackers who used the Nefilim ransomware, that works on Windows systems, to attack appliance maker Fisher & Paykel have posted links to a second lot …
- AGL loses its IT security chief July 1, 2020CISO departs after more than two years.
- Over 82,000 Aussies' details leaked in crypto scam July 1, 2020Victim's details show up on the web.