Australia Political Ransomware Attack May 2021: The NSW branch of the Labor Party appears to have suffered a Windows ransomware attack, with the Avaddon strain having been used to attack the party’s network. Photocopies of an Australian passport, a driver’s licence and a number of other documents have been posted online.Read More
Category: Politician and Politics
Australian Politician DNS Redirect January 2021. Pauline Hanson’s website redirected to refugee council site. Ms Hanson’s mistake of allowing her DNS registration to lapse has complicated fixing the linkRead More
by Steven Kirby | Sep 18, 2020 | Australia, Australian InfoSec Incidents 2020, Confidentiality, eSafety, Identity Theft, Politician and Politics, Privacy, SMH - The Sydney Morning Herald, Social Media | 0 |
Australian Social Media Privacy Breach September 2020: Why you shouldn’t post a picture of a boarding pass on social media. Security experts are repeating warnings to keep pictures of documents with personal information and barcode.Read More
Incident: Prime Minister Scott Morrison’s office accidentally leaks talking points for MPs to journalists | ABC News (Australia)
Australian Email Incident 07 October 2019: Prime Minister Scott Morrison’s office accidentally leaks talking points for MPs to journalistsRead More
Incident: ‘Scotty Doesn’t Know’: PM’s website plays lewd song after internet prank takeover | ABC News (Australia)
Australian Information Security Incident Reported: October 19 2018 A prankster claims credit for a...Read More
The PM says everyone should change their password regularly. Source: Malcolm Turnbull reveals his iTunes account was hacked once | The West AustralianRead More
Incident: Twitter hack, Joe Hockey’s account liked tweet calling PM Malcolm Turnbull a ‘cranky prick’ | news.com.au
Australian Information Security Incident Reported: December 12 2017 THE Australian Federal Police...Read More
Queensland Labor MP Mark Bailey avoids criminal charges over deleted private email account | ABC News (Australia)
Qld Labor MP Mark Bailey will not face criminal charges after a CCC investigation into his deleted private email account. Source: Queensland Labor MP Mark Bailey avoids criminal charges over deleted private email account –...Read More
March 21, 2016. Toowoomba Regional Council candidate, Diane Warr was left dumbfounded after a hacker posted sexually explicit photographs on her personal Facebook page.Read More
by Steven Kirby | Jan 13, 2016 | Account Compromise Incident, Australia, Australian InfoSec Incident, Australian InfoSec Incidents 2016, In the Press, Politician and Politics, Social Media Incident, Twitter Incident, Victoria | 0 |
Jan 12, 2016. Victorian Creative Industries Minister Martin Foley says someone hacked his Twitter account and liked tweets of pornographic images.Read More
More Australian News
- Alleged hacker claims to have released Optus customer data, and threatens to publish moreby ABC News on September 27, 2022
An online account which claims to have Optus customer data says it has released 10,000 records and will publish more unless the telecommunications …
- Optus 'left the window open' for data to be stolen, says Home Affairs Minister Clare O'Neil | 7.30by ABC News (Australia) on September 27, 2022
It's been revealed that the personal data of almost 10 million Optus customers has been compromised in a massive cyber security breach. While the company had...
- Optus defends its cyber security as government flags large fines | ABC Newsby ABC News (Australia) on September 27, 2022
Optus is denying claims by the federal government that it left its cyber defences open to the hackers who have stolen the personal information of almost 10 m...
- Optus customers warned to 'change passwords now' | 9 News Australiaby 9 News Australia on September 26, 2022
Optus has defended notifying the media of the cyberattack that potentially compromised the information of millions of people, ahead of any customers.On their...
- Alleged ransom threat probed after Optus cyber attack | 9 News Australiaby 9 News Australia on September 26, 2022
The data of millions of Optus customers could be sold to criminals after reports of an online ransom threat surfaced, demanding the telecommunications compan...
- Optus Customer Data Posted on Dark Web as Hacker Demands $1 million - Australian Cyber Security Magazineby ACSM_Editor on September 26, 2022
By Staff Writer. Last week’s cyberattack on Optus is rapidly shaping up as Australia’s worst data breach, with the personal information of over 11 …
- New Face at the Helm of the Australian Cyber Collaboration Centre - Australian Cyber Security Magazineby ACSM_admin on September 26, 2022
The Board of the Australian Cyber Collaboration Centre has announced Matthew Salier has been appointed CEO. Matthew will commence his role at The …
- Australia plans privacy rule changes after Optus cyber attackby Reuters on September 26, 2022
SYDNEY (Reuters) - Australia plans changes to its privacy rules so that banks can be alerted faster following cyber attacks at companies, Prime …
- New security measures to be unveiled following massive Optus data breachby David Speers on September 25, 2022
The Home Affairs Minister is soon expected to announce several new security measures following the massive Optus data breach that saw hackers steal …
- AFP monitoring dark web amid allegations stolen Optus data may be sold onlineby Henry Belot on September 24, 2022
The Australian Federal Police are monitoring the dark web and internet forums after reports stolen Optus data may be being sold online. One post on …
Weekly Australian News and Monthly Incident Review Emails
No advertisements, marketing, sales, or unsolicited emails. Your email address is ONLY used to send the publications listed above.