About The Author
I provide independent and practical consultancy services through raising awareness and fostering the energy for change that delivers improved business management of information security governance, risk and compliance.
Quote: Michael McCormack “Never been a breach, the ABS assures us that this won’t happen into the future with this Census”
October 11, 2020
December 28, 2016
Quote: Chris Pirillo “Passwords are like underwear: you don’t let people see it, you should change it very often, and you shouldn’t share it with strangers”
November 3, 2016
More Australian News
- Aussies Warned Over Cyber-Security Risks After Large-Scale Hackby The Project on September 24, 2023
Sixty-five government departments and agencies have been caught up in the country’s latest ‘large scale’ cyber-attack on legal firm HWL Ebsworth, with stark ...
- Federal government rolls out plan to protect Aussies from cyber attacks | 9 News Australiaby 9 News Australia on September 24, 2023
One year on since the Optus cyber attack, Home Affairs Minister has revealed part of the Federal government’s plan to protect Australians from future breache...
- Troy Hunt scours the dark web for your stolen data — but he's just trying to helpby By Julian Fell on September 22, 2023
He's just "a dude on the web", but Troy Hunt has ended up playing an oddly central role in global cybersecurity. In April, the US Federal Bureau of …
- Pizza Hut says nearly two-hundred thousand customers affected by data breachby By Caitlin Rawling on September 21, 2023
Nearly 200,000 Pizza Hut Australia customers have had their data leaked, following a cyber attack earlier this month. On Wednesday, a spokesperson for …
- Medibank incurred $7.5 million in direct tech costs after cyber attackby Richard Chirgwin on September 21, 2023
Medibank has revealed a breakdown of its $46.4 million data breach expense amount incurred after a high-profile cyber incident last year. In the …
- Post Titleon September 20, 2023
- Digital ID legislation lands at lastby Richard Chirgwin on September 20, 2023
The federal government has introduced digital identity legislation to parliament, with the ACCC named in it as the preferred digital ID regulator. In …
- NSW DCS lands $146m for cyber security, digital projectsby Ry Crozier on September 19, 2023
The NSW Department of Customer Service will receive $80 million in funding for cyber security and $66 million for its digital restart fund, two areas …
- ASIC to target boards, execs for cyber failuresby Paul Smith, Ronald Mizen on September 19, 2023
“I can assure you that in the right case ASIC will commence proceedings if we have reason to believe those steps were not taken.” The Summit will also …
- NSW stalking victim felt like she was 'in a Netflix movie' amid spike in technology-assisted trackingby By Giselle Wakatama on September 19, 2023
A NSW woman tracked and bugged by her spurned ex-lover has described feeling like she was in a film during the ordeal. The woman, who can't be named …
Weekly Australian News and Monthly Incident Review Emails
No advertisements, marketing, sales, or unsolicited emails. Your email address is ONLY used to send the publications listed above.