September 18 2019 Australian Cyber Fraud: Millions of dollars have allegedly been siphoned from personal superannuation and share trading accounts as part of a sophisticated online fraud syndicate.Read More
Category: 9 News
August 08 2019: Around 30 employees have not been paid on time after having personal information stolen in what TAFE NSW said was a “targeted phishing attack”.Read More
Australian Cyber Attack June 2019: The IT system across Eastern Health, which manages Victorian hospitals such as Box Hill and Maroondah, has been the target of a mystery cyber attack.Read More
Incident: Woolworths has tightened security around its loyalty program after 130 accounts were fraudulently accessed | NineMSN
Australian Information Security Incident Reported: September 13 2018 Woolworths has tightened...Read More
by Steven Kirby | Jul 27, 2018 | 9 News, APP Australian Privacy Principles, Australia, Australian InfoSec Incident, Australian InfoSec Incidents 2018, Configuration, Data Breach, Privacy, Telcommunications and Internet Service Provider, Website Compromise | 0 |
Australian Information Security Incident Reported: July 27 2018 Telstra customer stumbles across...Read More
Australian Information Security Incident Reported: July 06 2018 China-based hackers have utterly...Read More
Australian Information Security Incident Reported: October 18 2017 Pizza giant Domino’s...Read More
Video: Cheap and poorly installed CCTV systems are broadcasting Australians’ private lives online. Source: Cheap CCTV cameras broadcasting Australians’ private lives onlineRead More
More Australian News
- Alleged hacker claims to have released Optus customer data, and threatens to publish moreby ABC News on September 27, 2022
An online account which claims to have Optus customer data says it has released 10,000 records and will publish more unless the telecommunications …
- Optus 'left the window open' for data to be stolen, says Home Affairs Minister Clare O'Neil | 7.30by ABC News (Australia) on September 27, 2022
It's been revealed that the personal data of almost 10 million Optus customers has been compromised in a massive cyber security breach. While the company had...
- Optus defends its cyber security as government flags large fines | ABC Newsby ABC News (Australia) on September 27, 2022
Optus is denying claims by the federal government that it left its cyber defences open to the hackers who have stolen the personal information of almost 10 m...
- Optus customers warned to 'change passwords now' | 9 News Australiaby 9 News Australia on September 26, 2022
Optus has defended notifying the media of the cyberattack that potentially compromised the information of millions of people, ahead of any customers.On their...
- Alleged ransom threat probed after Optus cyber attack | 9 News Australiaby 9 News Australia on September 26, 2022
The data of millions of Optus customers could be sold to criminals after reports of an online ransom threat surfaced, demanding the telecommunications compan...
- Optus Customer Data Posted on Dark Web as Hacker Demands $1 million - Australian Cyber Security Magazineby ACSM_Editor on September 26, 2022
By Staff Writer. Last week’s cyberattack on Optus is rapidly shaping up as Australia’s worst data breach, with the personal information of over 11 …
- New Face at the Helm of the Australian Cyber Collaboration Centre - Australian Cyber Security Magazineby ACSM_admin on September 26, 2022
The Board of the Australian Cyber Collaboration Centre has announced Matthew Salier has been appointed CEO. Matthew will commence his role at The …
- Australia plans privacy rule changes after Optus cyber attackby Reuters on September 26, 2022
SYDNEY (Reuters) - Australia plans changes to its privacy rules so that banks can be alerted faster following cyber attacks at companies, Prime …
- New security measures to be unveiled following massive Optus data breachby David Speers on September 25, 2022
The Home Affairs Minister is soon expected to announce several new security measures following the massive Optus data breach that saw hackers steal …
- AFP monitoring dark web amid allegations stolen Optus data may be sold onlineby Henry Belot on September 24, 2022
The Australian Federal Police are monitoring the dark web and internet forums after reports stolen Optus data may be being sold online. One post on …
Weekly Australian News and Monthly Incident Review Emails
No advertisements, marketing, sales, or unsolicited emails. Your email address is ONLY used to send the publications listed above.