Australian Jail Cyber Attack July 2022: Melbourne’s Port Phillip Prison jail targeted by anonymous hackers in cyber attack. Hackers take control of the G4S operated jail’s online network.Read More
Category: MSN Australia
Incident: A Sydney woman who hacked an email account to steal $450,000 in cryptocurrency has been caught after a 9-month investigation | MSN Australia
by Steven Kirby | Oct 26, 2018 | Australian InfoSec Incident, Australian InfoSec Incidents 2018, Cryptocurrency - Bitcoin, Cyber Fraud, CyberCrime, Email, MSN Australia, New South Wales, Unauthorised Access | 0 |
Australian Information Security Incident Reported: October 26 2018 A 23-year-old woman has been...Read More
Incident: Woolworths has tightened security around its loyalty program after 130 accounts were fraudulently accessed | NineMSN
Australian Information Security Incident Reported: September 13 2018 Woolworths has tightened...Read More
by Steven Kirby | Nov 16, 2017 | Australia, Australian InfoSec Incident, Australian InfoSec Incidents 2017, Cybersecurity, Federal Government, Hacked, MSN Australia, Social Media, Twitter Incident | 0 |
Australian Information Security Incident Reported: November, 16 2017 Defence Minister Christopher...Read More
While endlessly talking about the importance of cybersecurity, the government has an all-care-no-responsibility attitude toward its defence data. Source: Hack of defence firm reveals a cybersecurity framework in...Read More
Australia Post’s parcel service has been thrown into chaos after the shipping and tracking service failed on Monday. Source: Australia Post’s online parcel system is downRead More
Foreign Minister Julie Bishop has toured a Telstra cyber security facility and met with other stakeholders in Sydney’s CBD on Wednesday. She announced the inaugural International Cyber Engagement Strategy, which the...Read More
More Australian News
- Alleged hacker claims to have released Optus customer data, and threatens to publish moreby ABC News on September 27, 2022
An online account which claims to have Optus customer data says it has released 10,000 records and will publish more unless the telecommunications …
- Optus 'left the window open' for data to be stolen, says Home Affairs Minister Clare O'Neil | 7.30by ABC News (Australia) on September 27, 2022
It's been revealed that the personal data of almost 10 million Optus customers has been compromised in a massive cyber security breach. While the company had...
- Optus defends its cyber security as government flags large fines | ABC Newsby ABC News (Australia) on September 27, 2022
Optus is denying claims by the federal government that it left its cyber defences open to the hackers who have stolen the personal information of almost 10 m...
- Optus customers warned to 'change passwords now' | 9 News Australiaby 9 News Australia on September 26, 2022
Optus has defended notifying the media of the cyberattack that potentially compromised the information of millions of people, ahead of any customers.On their...
- Alleged ransom threat probed after Optus cyber attack | 9 News Australiaby 9 News Australia on September 26, 2022
The data of millions of Optus customers could be sold to criminals after reports of an online ransom threat surfaced, demanding the telecommunications compan...
- Optus Customer Data Posted on Dark Web as Hacker Demands $1 million - Australian Cyber Security Magazineby ACSM_Editor on September 26, 2022
By Staff Writer. Last week’s cyberattack on Optus is rapidly shaping up as Australia’s worst data breach, with the personal information of over 11 …
- New Face at the Helm of the Australian Cyber Collaboration Centre - Australian Cyber Security Magazineby ACSM_admin on September 26, 2022
The Board of the Australian Cyber Collaboration Centre has announced Matthew Salier has been appointed CEO. Matthew will commence his role at The …
- Australia plans privacy rule changes after Optus cyber attackby Reuters on September 26, 2022
SYDNEY (Reuters) - Australia plans changes to its privacy rules so that banks can be alerted faster following cyber attacks at companies, Prime …
- New security measures to be unveiled following massive Optus data breachby David Speers on September 25, 2022
The Home Affairs Minister is soon expected to announce several new security measures following the massive Optus data breach that saw hackers steal …
- AFP monitoring dark web amid allegations stolen Optus data may be sold onlineby Henry Belot on September 24, 2022
The Australian Federal Police are monitoring the dark web and internet forums after reports stolen Optus data may be being sold online. One post on …
Weekly Australian News and Monthly Incident Review Emails
No advertisements, marketing, sales, or unsolicited emails. Your email address is ONLY used to send the publications listed above.