Australian Ransomware Attack June 2020: Fisher & Paykel Appliances struck by Nefilim ransomware. Manufacturing and distribution facilities shut down.Read More
Incident: BlueScope Steel hit by cyber attack causing worldwide system shutdown of operations | ABC News (Australia)
Australian Privacy Breach April 2020: Confidential details of entire Western Australian Police Force accessed in ‘startling’ audit breach, CCC finds. An investigation has revealed a CCC staff member accessed and downloaded highly confidential information about all of the state’s 8,800 police officers.Read More
Incident: MyBudget blames ransomware hack for system outage affecting thousands of customers | ABC News (Australia)
Australian Ransomware Attack April 2020: MyBudget blames ransomware hack for system outage affecting thousands of customers, was likely compromised as it quickly moved its employees onto work-from-home arrangements amid coronavirus.Read More
Fallout from SAN failures continues. The Australian Taxation Office has been asked to produce a “full list” of all the IT system outages it has experienced over the past 18 months for senate scrutiny. Source: ATO asked to reveal...Read More
Service disruption enters second day. Australia Post’s online services have been intermittently unavailable since late Sunday evening, preventing business customers from being able to label, ship, and track items. Source:...Read More
Australia Post’s parcel service has been thrown into chaos after the shipping and tracking service failed on Monday. Source: Australia Post’s online parcel system is downRead More
NAB business customers say they have been unable to process payroll or perform other routine banking tasks due to an all-day outage of the NAB Connect business banking internet service. Source: NAB Connect suffers all-day outage...Read More
Sydney domestic and international flights delayed due to air traffic control system fault | ABC News (Australia)
Thousands of airline passengers face delays, including families heading out of Sydney for the start of the school holidays, following an air traffic control system failure. Source: Sydney domestic and international flights...Read More
Australia’s Special Adviser to the Prime Minister on Cyber Security has taken a positive stance on the 2016 Census debacle that was labelled a ‘confluence of failure’, calling it the wake-up call the nation...Read More
Melbourne’s train operator Metro Trains has been fined $1.2 million over the IT outage that shut down the commuter network during rush hour in mid-July. Source: Metro Trains fined $1.2m over IT fail that downed network...Read More
Bankwest suffered an IT system outage that affected customer-facing payment operations as well as undisclosed systems used by its branches for about four hours on Friday morning. Source: Bankwest suffers IT outage –...Read More
Telstra suffered a domain name server (DNS) outage in NSW with a wide range of users reporting connectivity issues beginning around 5am. Update, 9.57am: Telstra said the DNS issue has been resolved. Source: Telstra’s NSW...Read More
More Australian News
- Only 31% of Americans concerned with data security, despite 400% rise in cyberattacks July 5, 2020Bad actors have flooded the enterprise with coronavirus-related attacks, but professionals working from home have other worries, Unisys Security …
- How Have I Been Pwned became the keeper of the internet's biggest data breaches July 5, 2020When Troy Hunt launched Have I Been Pwned in late 2013, he wanted it to answer a simple question: Have you fallen victim to a data breach? Seven years …
- iTWire - Fisher & Paykel attackers release second lot of company documents on dark web July 1, 2020Attackers who used the Nefilim ransomware, that works on Windows systems, to attack appliance maker Fisher & Paykel have posted links to a second lot …
- AGL loses its IT security chief July 1, 2020CISO departs after more than two years.
- Over 82,000 Aussies' details leaked in crypto scam July 1, 2020Victim's details show up on the web.
- ATO systems crash in tax time refund rush July 1, 2020Agency urgently investigating outage.
- Cybersecurity spending gets $1.35bn boost in wake of online attacks against Australia | ABC News July 1, 2020
- Australia is experiencing the 'three Ds' of cyber crime and it's time to wake up June 30, 2020I'm sitting at the kitchen table, staring at my laptop screen and watching red dots pulse on a map of the world. Each represents a cyber attack …
- Monash Uni infosec staff find gaping security hole in Palo Alto Networks gear June 30, 2020Authentication bypass could be targeted by foreign adversaries.
- NSW govt seeks input on next cyber security strategy June 30, 2020The NSW government is seeking views from industry to help shape the state’s next cyber security strategy ahead of its launch later this year. Customer …
- Cybersecurity spending boosted as Australia targeted by online attacks June 30, 2020The Federal Government wants to create more than 500 new jobs in its highly secretive cyber intelligence agency as part of what it says is …
- 'Offensive capability': $1.3b for new cyber spies to go after hackers June 30, 2020Australian security agencies believe China is behind the cyber raids on all levels of government, although the Morrison government has chosen not to …
- Govt reveals $1.35bn investment in cybersecurity over next decade June 30, 2020After surprise hack threat warning a fortnight ago.
- Australia launches massive cou on government agencies and businesses June 29, 2020Australia is hiring an army of 500 cyber spies to defend the nation's online infrastructure after last month's cyber attack, believed to be at the …
- Platform for firms to boost cyber defences - 9News June 28, 2020Australian businesses will be able to share information about cyber threats in a bid to help defend against attacks under a platform being developed …