Australian Cyber Attack June 2020: Cyber attack halts Lion production of milk and beer, attack disrupted manufacturing and knocked out its internal IT systems.Read More
Australian Privacy Hacked May 2020: AFL fan website Big Footy data breach exposed private details of up to 100,000 users and 70 million records online, including private conversations between users.Read More
Incident: Updated Citrix Bug – Fears private details of Australian Defence Force members compromised in database hack | ABC News (Australia)
Australian Cyber Attack March 2020: A highly sensitive military database containing the personal details of tens of thousands of Australian Defence Force (ADF) members was shut down for 10 days due to fears it had been hacked.Read More
Australian Survey Hacked January 2020: Perth Mint visitor feedback survey data stolen after West Australian market insights company Metrix Consulting was hacked via a Phishing scam.Read More
Incident: Police & Nurses Bank WA discloses data breach, customer account information, balances exposed | ZDnet
Australian Banking Breach January 2020: Police & Nurses Bank WA discloses data breach, customer account information, balances exposed. The Australian bank says a cyberattack took place during a server upgrade.Read More
Incident: A major hack at one of NSW’s largest drug rehabilitation services, Adele House has left hundreds of patients at risk | The Australian
Australian Medical Data Breach November 2019: A hack at one of NSW’s largest drug rehabilitation services, Adele House has left hundreds of patients at risk.Read More
Incident: Monash IVF patients receive bogus emails after ‘malicious cyber attack’ on fertility company | ABC News (Australia)
by Steven Kirby | Nov 6, 2019 | ABC News (Australia), Australia, Australian InfoSec Incidents 2019, Cyber Attack Incident, Cyber Fraud, Data Breach, Hacked, Medical and Health Care, Privacy Breach | 0 |
Australian Medical Data Breach and Cyber Fraud November 2019: Australian medical group Monash IVF patients receive bogus emails after ‘malicious cyber attack’ on fertility company.Read More
Incident: Cyber criminals hack Perth Anaesthetic Group hospital and steal patients’ personal information in terrifying security breach | Daily Mail Australia
Australian DataBreach CyberCrime November 2019: Cyber criminals hack Perth Anaesthetic Group hospital and steal patients’ personal information in terrifying security breach. Several patients were sent fake invoices from the hackers demanding payments.Read More
Australia Social Media Hack October 2019: Australian Cricketer Shane Watson has apologised to his social media followers after inadvertently posting a number of X-Rated photos after his Twitter and Instagram accounts were hacked.Read More
NZ Hacked 29 September 2019: Promotional screens on a central Auckland Asics store were hacked to show pornographic content on Sunday morning.Read More
August 08 2019: Around 30 employees have not been paid on time after having personal information stolen in what TAFE NSW said was a “targeted phishing attack”.Read More
Insider Threat 2nd July 2019 – A Queensland Police Officer has now stood down from official duty with the force pending an investigation into allegations of unauthorised access to confidential information.Read More
More Australian News
- Australian universities investigate online exam tool data breach August 9, 2020After details of 444,000 users allegedly stolen.
- AFP used anti-encryption laws three times in 2019-20 August 9, 2020But all were cooperative requests.
- Govt finally unveils Australia's new cyber security strategy August 9, 2020Places focus on critical infrastructure.
- The disappointment of Australia's new cybersecurity strategy | ZDNet August 7, 2020Finally, after 11 long months, Home Affairs Minister Peter Dutton has delivered a drab and inward-looking cybersecurity plan and has complained about …
- Fears over data security in state border management apps during the coronavirus crisis August 6, 2020Digital rights experts fear people's identification, health and work details could be on-sold by companies that have developed new phone apps to help …
- Australian intelligence agencies investigate Chinese-owned TikTok over security concerns August 6, 2020TikTok is facing intensifying scrutiny in Canberra, with intelligence agencies putting the app under the microscope and some MPs pressing the Federal …
- Morrison to increase cybersecurity spending to $1.6bn and push for expanded police powers August 6, 2020Scott Morrison will increase federal spending on cybersecurity to $1.664bn over the coming decade, including initiatives to boost community awareness …
- NSW government was warned over cyber security weaknesses August 5, 2020The NSW government was warned more than six months ago to urgently improve its cyber security in a report that found almost half of its agencies had …
- TV ratings resume after cyber attack, Big Brother finale wins timeslot August 5, 2020After being kept in suspense about the performance of last Wednesday's Big Brother finale, the Seven Network has received some good news: the program …
- iTWire - In conversation with: Ed Pullen of Dataminr August 5, 2020We chat with Dataminr's ANZ Director about how the company was seeing the impact of COVID-19 on the IT security environment.
- Morrison pursues tougher powers in fight against cyber attacks and criminals' activity August 5, 2020Scott Morrison will unveil on Thursday a cyber security package to give greater protection to critical Australian infrastructure and bolster the …
- Ministers push to keep digital ID systems uniform August 4, 2020Agree to create national roadmap.
- NSW govt digital projects to face new privacy test August 4, 2020Digital restart funding now subject to privacy watchdog advice by law.
- Incident: 'Massive messaging storm' takes out Telstra's DNS infrastructure | iTnews - Australian Information Security Awareness and Advisory August 2, 2020Incident Reported: August 02 2020 Australian Telco Outage August 2020: ‘Massive messaging storm’ takes out Telstra’s DNS infrastructure Walks back on …
- Storage failure downs New Zealand Defence websites August 2, 2020The New Zealand Defence Force websites have been out of action for a whole working week since Monday, with no estimated time of service restoration …