Australian Phishing Attack April 2020: Citizen data compromised as Service NSW falls victim to phishing attack. The attack involved the illegal accessing of 47 Service NSW staff members’ email accounts.Read More
Incident: Police & Nurses Bank WA discloses data breach, customer account information, balances exposed | ZDnet
Australian Banking Breach January 2020: Police & Nurses Bank WA discloses data breach, customer account information, balances exposed. The Australian bank says a cyberattack took place during a server upgrade.Read More
NZ Medical Data Breach 8 October 2019. New Zealand’s Tū Ora Compass Health data breach exposes medical data of one million New Zealand residents.Read More
NZ Laptop Stolen 8 October 2019: New Zealand’s Commerce Commission (ComCom) confidential information on laptop belonging to ‘external provider’ containing over 200 meeting and interview transcripts taken in burglary, which has seen the provider dumped.Read More
An Australian IT consultant has on Tuesday been sentenced to three years imprisonment after pleading guilty to a total of 11 charges for insider trading, unauthorised access to data with the intention to commit a serious offence, and the alteration of electronic devices required by the Australian Securities and Investments Commission (ASIC).Read More
Australian Information Security Incident Reported: May 24 2019 Hacker claims to have stolen the...Read More
Australian real estate network First National has reportedly had information it held on job applicants leaked online.Read More
The Reserve Bank of Australia (RBA) has told the House of Representatives Standing Committee on Tax and Revenue that it wants to see Australia’s banks involved with building out the federal government’s digital...Read More
Moving the authentication platform, educating citizens, and stricter privacy controls were among the steps recommended to the Department of Human Services by a review into heath providers’ access to the Health Professional...Read More
The Office of the Australian Information Commissioner received 2,494 privacy-related complaints during the 12-month period. Source: Australians made over 2,000 privacy complaints to Commissioner in 2016-17 | ZDNetRead More
Australia is investing in short-term cyber technology goals, but what about longer-term strategic investments? Source: Cuts could threaten Australia’s cyberscience future | ZDNetRead More
Australia intends to take advantage of the region’s “booming economy” in cybersecurity, for itself and its friends, according to Ambassador for Cyber Affairs Dr Tobias Feakin. The nation will also be...Read More
More Australian News
- Australian universities investigate online exam tool data breach August 9, 2020After details of 444,000 users allegedly stolen.
- AFP used anti-encryption laws three times in 2019-20 August 9, 2020But all were cooperative requests.
- Govt finally unveils Australia's new cyber security strategy August 9, 2020Places focus on critical infrastructure.
- The disappointment of Australia's new cybersecurity strategy | ZDNet August 7, 2020Finally, after 11 long months, Home Affairs Minister Peter Dutton has delivered a drab and inward-looking cybersecurity plan and has complained about …
- Fears over data security in state border management apps during the coronavirus crisis August 6, 2020Digital rights experts fear people's identification, health and work details could be on-sold by companies that have developed new phone apps to help …
- Australian intelligence agencies investigate Chinese-owned TikTok over security concerns August 6, 2020TikTok is facing intensifying scrutiny in Canberra, with intelligence agencies putting the app under the microscope and some MPs pressing the Federal …
- Morrison to increase cybersecurity spending to $1.6bn and push for expanded police powers August 6, 2020Scott Morrison will increase federal spending on cybersecurity to $1.664bn over the coming decade, including initiatives to boost community awareness …
- NSW government was warned over cyber security weaknesses August 5, 2020The NSW government was warned more than six months ago to urgently improve its cyber security in a report that found almost half of its agencies had …
- TV ratings resume after cyber attack, Big Brother finale wins timeslot August 5, 2020After being kept in suspense about the performance of last Wednesday's Big Brother finale, the Seven Network has received some good news: the program …
- iTWire - In conversation with: Ed Pullen of Dataminr August 5, 2020We chat with Dataminr's ANZ Director about how the company was seeing the impact of COVID-19 on the IT security environment.
- Morrison pursues tougher powers in fight against cyber attacks and criminals' activity August 5, 2020Scott Morrison will unveil on Thursday a cyber security package to give greater protection to critical Australian infrastructure and bolster the …
- Ministers push to keep digital ID systems uniform August 4, 2020Agree to create national roadmap.
- NSW govt digital projects to face new privacy test August 4, 2020Digital restart funding now subject to privacy watchdog advice by law.
- Incident: 'Massive messaging storm' takes out Telstra's DNS infrastructure | iTnews - Australian Information Security Awareness and Advisory August 2, 2020Incident Reported: August 02 2020 Australian Telco Outage August 2020: ‘Massive messaging storm’ takes out Telstra’s DNS infrastructure Walks back on …
- Storage failure downs New Zealand Defence websites August 2, 2020The New Zealand Defence Force websites have been out of action for a whole working week since Monday, with no estimated time of service restoration …