June 27 2019: The Office of the Australian Information Commissioner (OAIC) has accepted a court-enforceable undertaking from the Commonwealth Bank of Australia (CBA) in the wake of investigations into issues with the bank’s handling of customer data.Read More
Tag: OAIC Office of the Australian Information Commissioner
by Steven Kirby | Apr 11, 2018 | APP Australian Privacy Principles, Australia, Australian InfoSec Incident, Australian InfoSec Reports, Breach Notification, Federal Government, Government Agency, OAIC Data Breach Report | 0 |
Australian Information Security Report: April 11 2018 The Office of the Australian Information...Read More
The Commonwealth Bank has been accused of giving falsified evidence to the Privacy Commissioner over a contractor’s repeated unlawful accessing of a customer’s account. Source: Commonwealth Bank accused of misleading...Read More
Australians are becoming more concerned about their privacy and businesses are signing on for privacy-awareness activities as a result, the government’s information commissioner has noted as figures suggest 40 percent of...Read More
The Office of the Australian Information Commissioner received 2,494 privacy-related complaints during the 12-month period. Source: Australians made over 2,000 privacy complaints to Commissioner in 2016-17 | ZDNetRead More
The government has finally revealed a draft of the statement it expects organisations to file if they suffer a data breach after February 22 of next year. A full draft of the notification format has now been publicly exposed for...Read More
Incident: Amazing Rentals data breach in NT, Qld, prompts warning by Information Commissioner over identity theft | ABC News (Australia)
by Steven Kirby | Sep 23, 2017 | ABC News (Australia), Australian InfoSec Incident, Australian InfoSec Incidents 2017, Data Breach, Hacked, Northern Territory, Privacy, Privacy Breach, Queensland, Retail | 0 |
Australian Information Security Incident Reported: September 22 2017 Australia’s privacy...Read More
Local businesses and the IT partners that handle their digital assets now have access to new guidelines aimed at minimising the risk of data breaches. The De-identification Decision-Making Framework guide, focuses on assessing...Read More
The Office of the Australian Information Commissioner will be conducting assessments of government agencies over the coming year to confirm their compliance under privacy obligations. Source: Privacy Commissioner to probe...Read More
by Steven Kirby | Aug 22, 2017 | Australia, Australian InfoSec Incident, Australian InfoSec Incidents 2017, Data Breach, Data Handling, iTnews, Privacy, Privacy Breach, Travel and Accommodation, User Error | 0 |
Australian Information Security Incident Reported: August 21 2017 Travel agency Flight Centre is...Read More
The Australian Red Cross Blood Service and its website contractor have escaped penalties from the country’s privacy watchdog over a 2016 data breach that exposed the data of 550,000 donors. Source: Blood Service escapes...Read More
More Australian News
- iTWire - Fisher & Paykel attackers release second lot of company documents on dark web July 1, 2020Attackers who used the Nefilim ransomware, that works on Windows systems, to attack appliance maker Fisher & Paykel have posted links to a second lot …
- AGL loses its IT security chief July 1, 2020CISO departs after more than two years.
- Over 82,000 Aussies' details leaked in crypto scam July 1, 2020Victim's details show up on the web.
- ATO systems crash in tax time refund rush July 1, 2020Agency urgently investigating outage.
- Cybersecurity spending gets $1.35bn boost in wake of online attacks against Australia | ABC News July 1, 2020
- Australia is experiencing the 'three Ds' of cyber crime and it's time to wake up June 30, 2020I'm sitting at the kitchen table, staring at my laptop screen and watching red dots pulse on a map of the world. Each represents a cyber attack …
- Monash Uni infosec staff find gaping security hole in Palo Alto Networks gear June 30, 2020Authentication bypass could be targeted by foreign adversaries.
- NSW govt seeks input on next cyber security strategy June 30, 2020The NSW government is seeking views from industry to help shape the state’s next cyber security strategy ahead of its launch later this year. Customer …
- Cybersecurity spending boosted as Australia targeted by online attacks June 30, 2020The Federal Government wants to create more than 500 new jobs in its highly secretive cyber intelligence agency as part of what it says is …
- 'Offensive capability': $1.3b for new cyber spies to go after hackers June 30, 2020Australian security agencies believe China is behind the cyber raids on all levels of government, although the Morrison government has chosen not to …
- Govt reveals $1.35bn investment in cybersecurity over next decade June 30, 2020After surprise hack threat warning a fortnight ago.
- Australia launches massive cou on government agencies and businesses June 29, 2020Australia is hiring an army of 500 cyber spies to defend the nation's online infrastructure after last month's cyber attack, believed to be at the …
- Platform for firms to boost cyber defences - 9News June 28, 2020Australian businesses will be able to share information about cyber threats in a bid to help defend against attacks under a platform being developed …
- Australian ACSC ‘s report confirms the use of Chinese malware in recent attacks June 28, 2020Australian ACSC published a detailed report on the techniques, tactics, and procedures associated with the threat actor that targeted organizations …
- Incident: Gang uses REvil to attack Melbourne contract formulation firm Chem Pack | iTWire - Australian Information Security Awareness and Advisory June 28, 2020Australian Malware Attack June 2020: Gang uses REvil to attack Melbourne contract formulation firm Chem Pack Windows ransomware has now hit much …