Australian Privacy Breach January 2022: Bunnings private customer data exposed in data breach. Names, phone numbers and email addresses have been exposed via a third-party website FlexBooker.
and Cyber Security Awareness
Australian focus with a bit of New Zealand, vendor neutral, no vendor press releases, advertisement free.
Please follow the Source link to the original article to support the content owner. We've only provide a brief summary with metadata to assist in categorisation.
Australian InfoSec Incidents and Audits Issues
Dec 21, 2021 | 12.4 Logging and monitoring, 7 NEWS Australia, 7.1.2 Terms and conditions of employment, 7.2.2 Information security awareness, Australian InfoSec Incidents 2021, Insider Threat, Law & Legal, Policing and Law Enforcement, State Government, Victoria
Australian Insider Threat December 2021: Charges over Victoria Police data breach. Accessing police information, disclosing police information, and intentionally communicating protected information.
Incident: Coles, Westpac, AMP and Department of Defence caught up in ‘significant’ data breach of Finite Recruitment | ABC News (Australia)
Dec 18, 2021 | 12.6 Technical vulnerability management, ABC News (Australia), Australia, Australian InfoSec Incidents 2021, Confidentiality, Human Resources, Privacy Breach, SaaS - Software as a Service, Services
Australian Recruitment Ransomware Incident December 2021: Coles, Westpac, AMP and Department of Defence caught up in ‘significant’ data breach of Finite Recruitment. Conti claims to have stolen more than 300 gigabytes of data in this attack.
Australian Government Payroll Outage December 2021: Tens of thousands locked out of ATO Online accounts after payroll hack. Linked to ransomware attack on major payroll software provider Frontier Software last month.
Dec 17, 2021 | 12.6 Technical vulnerability management, Australian InfoSec Incidents 2021, Availability, Confidentiality, New South Wales, Privacy Breach, SaaS - Software as a Service, Services, State Government, ZDNet
Australian Ransomware Incident December 2021: NSW government casual recruiter Finite Recruitment suffers Conti ransomware hit. Attackers claimed to have stolen more than 300GB of financial and personal data.
Incident: Cyber criminals force shutdown of NSW budgeting system | Australian Financial Review (AFR)
Dec 16, 2021 | 12.6 Technical vulnerability management, Australian Financial Review (AFR), Australian InfoSec Incidents 2021, Availability, New South Wales, SaaS - Software as a Service, Services, State Government
Australian Cyber Security Incident December 2021: Cyber criminals force shutdown of New South Wales’ Prime/Oracle based budgeting system. The problem is part of a worldwide vulnerability identified in Log4j.
Incident: Personal details of up to 80,000 SA government employees accessed in cyber attack | ABC News (Australia)
Dec 10, 2021 | 12.2 Protection from Malware, ABC News (Australia), Australian InfoSec Incidents 2021, Confidentiality, Integrity, Privacy Breach, SaaS - Software as a Service, Services, South Australia, State Government, Utilities
Australian State Government Ransomware Attack December 2021: Up to 80000 South Australian Government employee data stolen in Frontier Software ransomware attack. Data accessed include names, dates of birth, tax file numbers, addresses, bank account details and pay details (remuneration, tax withheld, superannuation contributions).
Australian Voting Outage December 2021: New South Wales’ iVote online voting system failed on Saturday during the state’s local government elections. Update: NSWEC finds iVote system failure may have impacted three local election outcomes.
Australian Energy Provider Ransomware Attack November 2021. Queensland’s CS Energy has its corporate systems infected by ransomware. The incident has not impacted electricity generation.
West Australia Council Audit Report November 2021. WA councils fail to detect simulated cyber attack in audit. Only three out of 15 entities did so in a “timely manner”.
More Australian News
- Payroll software provider Frontier Systems has been issued with a breach of contract notice over a ransomware attack that saw the personal details of …
- The ABC will introduce compulsory logins for its iview service in a staged manner this year, despite the fact that there have been privacy warnings …
- The Institute of Public Affairs' Evan Mulholland says he believes Australia is more exposed to cyber-attacks due to the AUKUS alliance. This comes as Home Affairs Minister Karen Andrews has commented on the nation's security, saying she believes Australia is more vulnerable to such attacks because of the partnership. "We […]
- EXCLUSIVE: Australian organisations have reported over 3,000 data breaches since the Notifiable Data Breaches (NDB) scheme began in early 2018, but …
- The AFP has stopped cyber criminals from stealing $24 million from the superannuation accounts of hard-working Australians and launched several …
- The COVID-19 virus is affecting every aspect of our lives, and now a second bug is on the loose.Hospitals and businesses with people working on the …
- Transport for NSW has found a greater number of customers and employees had their data compromised in the Accellion data breach last year than …
- The federal government appears to have abandoned its plan to extend controversial encryption-busting powers to federal, state and territory …
- Australian Privacy Breach, 10 January 2022 Bunnings private customer data exposed in data breach Names, phone numbers and email addresses have been …
- Some people in NSW were unable to cast their local election vote due to the iVote system not issuing them with the necessary security credential …
Receive Weekly Australian News and Monthly Incident Review Emails
No advertisements, marketing, sales, or unsolicited emails. Your email address is ONLY used to send the publications listed above.
Australian YouTube News
Australian Cyber YouTube News 2021
Australian Cyber YouTube News 2020