Australian Ransomware Medical Attack: August 03 2020: Regis Healthcare loses data in Maze ransomware infection, prompts ACSC warning on broader campaign targeting aged care.Read More
Category: Medical and Health Care
Incident: ‘Unforgivable’: The privacy breach that exposed sensitive details of WA’s virus fight | WAtoday
by Steven Kirby | Jul 20, 2020 | Australian InfoSec Incidents 2020, Data Breach, Medical and Health Care, Privacy Breach, State Government, Telcommunications and Internet Service Provider, WAtoday, Western Australia | 0 |
Australian Medical Privacy Breach July 2020: ‘Unforgivable’: Privacy breach exposed sensitive details of WA’s virus fight on a public website. The breach also impacted St John Ambulance, the Department of Fire and Emergency Services and the Department of Justice. The leak was traced back to Vodafone pager service.Read More
Incident: A major hack at one of NSW’s largest drug rehabilitation services, Adele House has left hundreds of patients at risk | The Australian
Australian Medical Data Breach November 2019: A hack at one of NSW’s largest drug rehabilitation services, Adele House has left hundreds of patients at risk.Read More
Incident: Monash IVF patients receive bogus emails after ‘malicious cyber attack’ on fertility company | ABC News (Australia)
by Steven Kirby | Nov 6, 2019 | ABC News (Australia), Australia, Australian InfoSec Incidents 2019, Cyber Attack Incident, Cyber Fraud, Data Breach, Hacked, Medical and Health Care, Privacy Breach | 0 |
Australian Medical Data Breach and Cyber Fraud November 2019: Australian medical group Monash IVF patients receive bogus emails after ‘malicious cyber attack’ on fertility company.Read More
Incident: Cyber criminals hack Perth Anaesthetic Group hospital and steal patients’ personal information in terrifying security breach | Daily Mail Australia
Australian DataBreach CyberCrime November 2019: Cyber criminals hack Perth Anaesthetic Group hospital and steal patients’ personal information in terrifying security breach. Several patients were sent fake invoices from the hackers demanding payments.Read More
Australian Virus/Malware Incident October 2019: Australian Virus/Malware Incident October 2019: A number of rural Victorian health services in the state’s north-east were forced to shut down their IT systems due to a malware virus.Read More
Australian Former Employee Data Breach 18 October 2019: CSL Behring has filed a lawsuit against a former employee, claiming he stole sensitive information with the intention of passing it on to his new company Pharming.Read More
NZ Medical Data Breach 8 October 2019. New Zealand’s Tū Ora Compass Health data breach exposes medical data of one million New Zealand residents.Read More
October 01 2019 Victorian Hospital Ransomware Attack: The scale of a ransomware attack on some of the state’s major regional hospitals that has forced healthcare providers to go offline.Read More
September 20 2019 Australian Medical Privacy Breach: Millions of Australians’ sensitive medical images, data left openly accessible. Australian servers alone leaked 50,000 sets of data comprising 2.5 million accounts.Read More
Incident: ‘Detailed and graphic’: Clinic faxes patients’ highly sensitive medical histories to wrong number | SMH
September 18 2019 Australian Medical Privacy Breach: A Melbourne medical clinic has been inadvertently faxing highly sensitive patient details including mental health and family medical histories to a Greenvale man for at least two years.Read More
Incident: Sensitive personal data of hundreds of visa applicants accidentally leaked in email mishap | ABC News Australia
Privacy Breach August 15 2019: The personal health information of 317 people applying for Australian visas was accidentally emailed to a member of the general public, an ABC investigation has revealed.Read More
More Australian News
- Morrison pursues tougher powers in fight against cyber attacks and criminals' activity August 5, 2020Scott Morrison will unveil on Thursday a cyber security package to give greater protection to critical Australian infrastructure and bolster the …
- Ministers push to keep digital ID systems uniform August 4, 2020Agree to create national roadmap.
- NSW govt digital projects to face new privacy test August 4, 2020Digital restart funding now subject to privacy watchdog advice by law.
- Incident: 'Massive messaging storm' takes out Telstra's DNS infrastructure | iTnews - Australian Information Security Awareness and Advisory August 2, 2020Incident Reported: August 02 2020 Australian Telco Outage August 2020: ‘Massive messaging storm’ takes out Telstra’s DNS infrastructure Walks back on …
- Storage failure downs New Zealand Defence websites August 2, 2020The New Zealand Defence Force websites have been out of action for a whole working week since Monday, with no estimated time of service restoration …
- Cenitex poaches V/Line IT security chief August 2, 2020CISO moves to Victoria's peak IT agency.
- REA Group repatriates 500TB of data to Google's Sydney cloud region August 2, 2020Having originally hosted it in Europe.
- OAIC records highest ever number of monthly data breaches August 2, 2020Since notification scheme began.
- University of Queensland rolls out MFA to staff and research students August 2, 2020Part of layered zero trust approach
- Privacy concerns after COVID-19 safety form used to make prank call August 2, 2020There are calls for the Queensland Government to provide clearer guidelines for business on how to protect people's privacy while sticking to their …
- 2020-013 Ransomware Targeting Australian Aged Care and Healthcare Sectors | Cyber.gov.au August 2, 2020The Australian Cyber Security Centre (ACSC) is aware of recent ransomware campaigns targeting the aged care and healthcare sectors. Cyber criminals …
- 'Massive messaging storm' takes out Telstra's DNS infrastructure August 2, 2020A "massive messaging storm" overwhelmed a portion of Telstra's domain name server infrastructure for several hours on Sunday, causing widespread …
- China’s cyber espionage surge in Australia: opportunism not punishment | The Strategist July 31, 2020One of the theories floated about China’s recent cyber espionage campaign against Australia is that it’s being used to punish us for banning Huawei …
- iTWire - Australia among countries most targeted by ‘significant’ cyber attacks, as cyber crime costs global economy US$6 trillion July 29, 2020The prevalence and severity of cyber attacks are increasing at an alarming rate every year, so much so, that statistics estimate that cybercrime will …
- iTWire - Australian firms hit by rising cyber attacks and breaches in last 12 months July 29, 2020A survey of 250 Australian chief information officers, chief technology officers and chief information security officers has found that both cyber …