Many organisations have traditionally placed responsibility for their cybersecurity squarely in the hands of the IT department. This is a situation that is now rapidly changing. Source: SecurityBrief Australia – IT...Read More
Category: Governance Risk and Compliance
Who will be our next cybersecurity hero? Risk is a language that business leaders now live and breathe | iTWire
Learning how to articulate cybersecurity challenges in a language understood by executives and board members will not only allow them to better understand the business risks but will also help to accelerate your career in...Read More
Australian companies will need to be better at compliance with the European Union’s new data privacy protections than they are at complying with PCI DSS financial-data security regulations, according to new figures that confirm...Read More
Mandatory data breach legislation comes into effect February and has already put a rocket under the local market in cyber security insurance as well as supporting legal services. Source: Cyber insurance gets a rocket –...Read More
by Steven Kirby | Sep 6, 2017 | Australia, Australian Financial Review (AFR), Banking and Finance, Cyber Insurance, Cyber Risk, Governance Risk and Compliance, Incident Management, Risk Management | 0 |
All the big insurers offer cyber security policies, but before you sign up you need to know what you are getting into. Source: Is cyber insurance necessary or a racket? What to know before you sign on | afr.comRead More
The Office of the Australian Information Commissioner will be conducting assessments of government agencies over the coming year to confirm their compliance under privacy obligations. Source: Privacy Commissioner to probe...Read More
Senior managers and C-Suite executives from Australia’s largest organisations aren’t leading by example when it comes to protecting their organisation from security threats and data leaks according to new research from document...Read More
In shift to the cloud. The Prime Minister’s top cyber security advisor has warned government agencies that they cannot outsource risk in the same way as infrastructure and services, following a series of high-profile failures...Read More
Queensland’s peak IT agency is transitioning to a new ICT operating model that will place more responsibility in the hands of its individual business units. The spokesperson said the new model has so far “increased the...Read More
Outlines scheme for executive accountability, new ‘banking executive accountability regime’ (BEAR). Chief information officers within Australia’s banking sector are one of 12 categories of executive that the government...Read More
More Australian News
- Alleged hacker claims to have released Optus customer data, and threatens to publish moreby ABC News on September 27, 2022
An online account which claims to have Optus customer data says it has released 10,000 records and will publish more unless the telecommunications …
- Optus 'left the window open' for data to be stolen, says Home Affairs Minister Clare O'Neil | 7.30by ABC News (Australia) on September 27, 2022
It's been revealed that the personal data of almost 10 million Optus customers has been compromised in a massive cyber security breach. While the company had...
- Optus defends its cyber security as government flags large fines | ABC Newsby ABC News (Australia) on September 27, 2022
Optus is denying claims by the federal government that it left its cyber defences open to the hackers who have stolen the personal information of almost 10 m...
- Optus customers warned to 'change passwords now' | 9 News Australiaby 9 News Australia on September 26, 2022
Optus has defended notifying the media of the cyberattack that potentially compromised the information of millions of people, ahead of any customers.On their...
- Alleged ransom threat probed after Optus cyber attack | 9 News Australiaby 9 News Australia on September 26, 2022
The data of millions of Optus customers could be sold to criminals after reports of an online ransom threat surfaced, demanding the telecommunications compan...
- Optus Customer Data Posted on Dark Web as Hacker Demands $1 million - Australian Cyber Security Magazineby ACSM_Editor on September 26, 2022
By Staff Writer. Last week’s cyberattack on Optus is rapidly shaping up as Australia’s worst data breach, with the personal information of over 11 …
- New Face at the Helm of the Australian Cyber Collaboration Centre - Australian Cyber Security Magazineby ACSM_admin on September 26, 2022
The Board of the Australian Cyber Collaboration Centre has announced Matthew Salier has been appointed CEO. Matthew will commence his role at The …
- Australia plans privacy rule changes after Optus cyber attackby Reuters on September 26, 2022
SYDNEY (Reuters) - Australia plans changes to its privacy rules so that banks can be alerted faster following cyber attacks at companies, Prime …
- New security measures to be unveiled following massive Optus data breachby David Speers on September 25, 2022
The Home Affairs Minister is soon expected to announce several new security measures following the massive Optus data breach that saw hackers steal …
- AFP monitoring dark web amid allegations stolen Optus data may be sold onlineby Henry Belot on September 24, 2022
The Australian Federal Police are monitoring the dark web and internet forums after reports stolen Optus data may be being sold online. One post on …
Weekly Australian News and Monthly Incident Review Emails
No advertisements, marketing, sales, or unsolicited emails. Your email address is ONLY used to send the publications listed above.