Incident: Victorian hospitals targeted in ransomware cyber attack | ABC News (Australia)
Australian Information Security Incident Reported: October 01 2019
Victorian hospitals targeted in ransomware cyber attack
The Victorian Government is investigating the scale of a ransomware attack on some of the state’s major regional hospitals that has forced healthcare providers to go offline.
Source: Victorian hospitals targeted in ransomware cyber attack
More reports from: ABC News (Australia).
“The cyber incident, which was uncovered on Monday, has blocked access to several systems by the infiltration of ransomware, including financial management,” a Department of Premier and Cabinet spokesperson said in a statement.
The spokesperson said a “number of servers” across Victoria were impacted but investigations were still underway to determine the full extent of the attack.
The department said there was no suggestion that personal patient information had been accessed.
Company Media Releases
– Barwon Health Cyber Security Incident Media Statement
Other Press Reports
– October 01 2019 | Victorian hospitals go offline after ransomware attack | iTnews
– October 01 2019 | Victoria’s regional health network hit by Windows ransomware | iTWire
– October 01 2019 | Ransomware attack blocks access to health systems in Victoria | Computer World
– October 11 2019 | Victorian hospitals slowly restoring systems after cyber attack | iTnews