About The Author
I provide independent and practical consultancy services through raising awareness and fostering the energy for change that delivers improved business management of information security governance, risk and compliance.
October 20, 2017
Incident: Royal Queensland Yacht Squadron to be questioned by Office of Australian Information Commissioner after data breach | The Courier Mail
September 11, 2020
Incident: Data Breach At Adelaide’s Womens and Childrens Hospital Exposed Children’s Records Online | Hacking News
August 5, 2018
September 1, 2017
More Australian News
- APVMA added to HWL Ebsworth breach listby Richard Chirgwin on September 25, 2023
The Australian Pesticides and Veterinary Medicines Authority (APVMA) has confirmed that it was one of the federal government agencies impacted by the …
- Australian Federal Police claw back $45m lost to BEC scammersby Ry Crozier on September 25, 2023
The Australian Federal Police has claimed some success in thwarting in-progress business email compromise (BEC) scams, in cases where the incident is …
- AFP saves mum and dad business from cyber criminals | Australian Federal Policeby Australian Federal Police on September 25, 2023
The AFP has returned $45 million to Australian businesses targeted by cyber criminals in the past three years. As the AFP today challenges the …
- Aussies Warned Over Cyber-Security Risks After Large-Scale Hackby The Project on September 24, 2023
Sixty-five government departments and agencies have been caught up in the country’s latest ‘large scale’ cyber-attack on legal firm HWL Ebsworth, with stark ...
- Federal government rolls out plan to protect Aussies from cyber attacks | 9 News Australiaby 9 News Australia on September 24, 2023
One year on since the Optus cyber attack, Home Affairs Minister has revealed part of the Federal government’s plan to protect Australians from future breache...
- Troy Hunt scours the dark web for your stolen data — but he's just trying to helpby By Julian Fell on September 22, 2023
He's just "a dude on the web", but Troy Hunt has ended up playing an oddly central role in global cybersecurity. In April, the US Federal Bureau of …
- Pizza Hut says nearly two-hundred thousand customers affected by data breachby By Caitlin Rawling on September 21, 2023
Nearly 200,000 Pizza Hut Australia customers have had their data leaked, following a cyber attack earlier this month. On Wednesday, a spokesperson for …
- Medibank incurred $7.5 million in direct tech costs after cyber attackby Richard Chirgwin on September 21, 2023
Medibank has revealed a breakdown of its $46.4 million data breach expense amount incurred after a high-profile cyber incident last year. In the …
- Post Titleon September 20, 2023
- Digital ID legislation lands at lastby Richard Chirgwin on September 20, 2023
The federal government has introduced digital identity legislation to parliament, with the ACCC named in it as the preferred digital ID regulator. In …
Weekly Australian News and Monthly Incident Review Emails
No advertisements, marketing, sales, or unsolicited emails. Your email address is ONLY used to send the publications listed above.