Australian Malware Attack June 2020: Windows ransomware has now hit much closer to home, with cyber criminals using the REvil ransomware to attack the Melbourne-based contract formulation and packing company Chem PackRead More
Australian Audit Report June 2020: ACT Government agencies don’t understand data security and put privacy at risk, auditor-general says. Agencies lacking understanding, awareness.Read More
Australian Ransomware Attack June 2020: Fisher & Paykel Appliances struck by Nefilim ransomware. Manufacturing and distribution facilities shut down.Read More
Australian Cyber Attack June 2020: Cyber attack halts Lion production of milk and beer, attack disrupted manufacturing and knocked out its internal IT systems.Read More
Incident: Matthews Australasia and Fitzpatrick Rushinek Associates have been hit by attackers using the Mespinoza/Pysa Windows ransomware | iTWire
Australian Ransomware Attack June 2020: Matthews Australasia and Fitzpatrick Rushinek Associates have been hit by attackers using the Mespinoza/Pysa Windows ransomware, the same malware that was used to take down the Australian money management firm MyBudget, security sources have told iTWireRead More
Australian Audit Report June 2020: NSW unis taken to task over poor cyber stance. Institutions still without cyber risk policies, audit finds.Read More
Australian Audit Report May 2020: Australian federal agencies cop mass fail in core systems cyber review. Just one agency gets ‘essential eight’ tick for financial, HR systems.Read More
Australian Privacy Hacked May 2020: AFL fan website Big Footy data breach exposed private details of up to 100,000 users and 70 million records online, including private conversations between users.Read More
Incident: Perth socialite Melissa Graham held to ransom after Instagram privacy breach | The West Australian
Australian Instagram Hacked May 2020: Perth socialite Melissa Graham, the wife of Keystart Home Loans chief executive Paul had her Instagram account hacked and her profile along with its 15,000 followers vanished.Read More
Australian Information Cybersecurity Incident May 2020: Geelong Council has taken the Geelong Australia website offline on Wednesday afternoon following a cyber-security incident.Read More
Australian Ransomware Attack May 2020: Australian customer experience firm Stellar, that also operates across Asia, North America and Africa, appears to have taken a hit from a group of attackers using the NetWalker ransomware that works on Windows systems.Read More
Australian Ransomware Attack May 2020: Sydney sports speciality store chain IN SPORTS has been hit by the REvil ransomware that attacks Windows systems and a limited set of data from the company has been published on the dark web by the attackers.Read More
More Australian News
- Only 31% of Americans concerned with data security, despite 400% rise in cyberattacks July 5, 2020Bad actors have flooded the enterprise with coronavirus-related attacks, but professionals working from home have other worries, Unisys Security …
- How Have I Been Pwned became the keeper of the internet's biggest data breaches July 5, 2020When Troy Hunt launched Have I Been Pwned in late 2013, he wanted it to answer a simple question: Have you fallen victim to a data breach? Seven years …
- iTWire - Fisher & Paykel attackers release second lot of company documents on dark web July 1, 2020Attackers who used the Nefilim ransomware, that works on Windows systems, to attack appliance maker Fisher & Paykel have posted links to a second lot …
- AGL loses its IT security chief July 1, 2020CISO departs after more than two years.
- Over 82,000 Aussies' details leaked in crypto scam July 1, 2020Victim's details show up on the web.
- ATO systems crash in tax time refund rush July 1, 2020Agency urgently investigating outage.
- Cybersecurity spending gets $1.35bn boost in wake of online attacks against Australia | ABC News July 1, 2020
- Australia is experiencing the 'three Ds' of cyber crime and it's time to wake up June 30, 2020I'm sitting at the kitchen table, staring at my laptop screen and watching red dots pulse on a map of the world. Each represents a cyber attack …
- Monash Uni infosec staff find gaping security hole in Palo Alto Networks gear June 30, 2020Authentication bypass could be targeted by foreign adversaries.
- NSW govt seeks input on next cyber security strategy June 30, 2020The NSW government is seeking views from industry to help shape the state’s next cyber security strategy ahead of its launch later this year. Customer …
- Cybersecurity spending boosted as Australia targeted by online attacks June 30, 2020The Federal Government wants to create more than 500 new jobs in its highly secretive cyber intelligence agency as part of what it says is …
- 'Offensive capability': $1.3b for new cyber spies to go after hackers June 30, 2020Australian security agencies believe China is behind the cyber raids on all levels of government, although the Morrison government has chosen not to …
- Govt reveals $1.35bn investment in cybersecurity over next decade June 30, 2020After surprise hack threat warning a fortnight ago.
- Australia launches massive cou on government agencies and businesses June 29, 2020Australia is hiring an army of 500 cyber spies to defend the nation's online infrastructure after last month's cyber attack, believed to be at the …
- Platform for firms to boost cyber defences - 9News June 28, 2020Australian businesses will be able to share information about cyber threats in a bid to help defend against attacks under a platform being developed …