Cyber Quote: Michael Meade “A false sense of security is the only kind there is.”Read More
Australian Ransomware Medical Attack: August 03 2020: Regis Healthcare loses data in Maze ransomware infection, prompts ACSC warning on broader campaign targeting aged care.Read More
Australian Telco Outage August 2020: ‘Massive messaging storm’ takes out Telstra’s DNS infrastructure, walks back on earlier claims of denial-of-service attack.Read More
Australian Ransomware Attack July 2020: Sydney strata management firm Strata Plus hit by Maze ransomware.The Australian strata management company Strata Plus appears to have been hit by a gang using the Maze ransomware that can wreak havoc on Windows systems.Read More
Incident: ‘Unforgivable’: The privacy breach that exposed sensitive details of WA’s virus fight | WAtoday
by Steven Kirby | Jul 20, 2020 | Australian InfoSec Incidents 2020, Data Breach, Medical and Health Care, Privacy Breach, State Government, Telcommunications and Internet Service Provider, WAtoday, Western Australia | 0 |
Australian Medical Privacy Breach July 2020: ‘Unforgivable’: Privacy breach exposed sensitive details of WA’s virus fight on a public website. The breach also impacted St John Ambulance, the Department of Fire and Emergency Services and the Department of Justice. The leak was traced back to Vodafone pager service.Read More
Australian Malware Attack June 2020: Windows ransomware has now hit much closer to home, with cyber criminals using the REvil ransomware to attack the Melbourne-based contract formulation and packing company Chem PackRead More
Australian Audit Report June 2020: ACT Government agencies don’t understand data security and put privacy at risk, auditor-general says. Agencies lacking understanding, awareness.Read More
Australian Ransomware Attack June 2020: Fisher & Paykel Appliances struck by Nefilim ransomware. Manufacturing and distribution facilities shut down.Read More
Australian Cyber Attack June 2020: Cyber attack halts Lion production of milk and beer, attack disrupted manufacturing and knocked out its internal IT systems.Read More
Incident: Matthews Australasia and Fitzpatrick Rushinek Associates have been hit by attackers using the Mespinoza/Pysa Windows ransomware | iTWire
Australian Ransomware Attack June 2020: Matthews Australasia and Fitzpatrick Rushinek Associates have been hit by attackers using the Mespinoza/Pysa Windows ransomware, the same malware that was used to take down the Australian money management firm MyBudget, security sources have told iTWireRead More
Australian Audit Report June 2020: NSW unis taken to task over poor cyber stance. Institutions still without cyber risk policies, audit finds.Read More
Quote: Michael Madon “and the main problem wasn’t these evil employees or employees that wanted to hurt the company…”
Cyber Quote: “And the main problem wasn’t these evil employees or employees that wanted to hurt the company — the real problem was the employees that were terrific employees and want to do well, but they’re not focused on security.”
Michael Madon, Mimecast, co-founder of Ataata
More Australian News
- Australian intelligence agencies investigate Chinese-owned TikTok over security concerns August 6, 2020TikTok is facing intensifying scrutiny in Canberra, with intelligence agencies putting the app under the microscope and some MPs pressing the Federal …
- Morrison to increase cybersecurity spending to $1.6bn and push for expanded police powers August 6, 2020Scott Morrison will increase federal spending on cybersecurity to $1.664bn over the coming decade, including initiatives to boost community awareness …
- NSW government was warned over cyber security weaknesses August 5, 2020The NSW government was warned more than six months ago to urgently improve its cyber security in a report that found almost half of its agencies had …
- TV ratings resume after cyber attack, Big Brother finale wins timeslot August 5, 2020After being kept in suspense about the performance of last Wednesday's Big Brother finale, the Seven Network has received some good news: the program …
- iTWire - In conversation with: Ed Pullen of Dataminr August 5, 2020We chat with Dataminr's ANZ Director about how the company was seeing the impact of COVID-19 on the IT security environment.
- Morrison pursues tougher powers in fight against cyber attacks and criminals' activity August 5, 2020Scott Morrison will unveil on Thursday a cyber security package to give greater protection to critical Australian infrastructure and bolster the …
- Ministers push to keep digital ID systems uniform August 4, 2020Agree to create national roadmap.
- NSW govt digital projects to face new privacy test August 4, 2020Digital restart funding now subject to privacy watchdog advice by law.
- Incident: 'Massive messaging storm' takes out Telstra's DNS infrastructure | iTnews - Australian Information Security Awareness and Advisory August 2, 2020Incident Reported: August 02 2020 Australian Telco Outage August 2020: ‘Massive messaging storm’ takes out Telstra’s DNS infrastructure Walks back on …
- Storage failure downs New Zealand Defence websites August 2, 2020The New Zealand Defence Force websites have been out of action for a whole working week since Monday, with no estimated time of service restoration …
- Cenitex poaches V/Line IT security chief August 2, 2020CISO moves to Victoria's peak IT agency.
- REA Group repatriates 500TB of data to Google's Sydney cloud region August 2, 2020Having originally hosted it in Europe.
- OAIC records highest ever number of monthly data breaches August 2, 2020Since notification scheme began.
- University of Queensland rolls out MFA to staff and research students August 2, 2020Part of layered zero trust approach
- Privacy concerns after COVID-19 safety form used to make prank call August 2, 2020There are calls for the Queensland Government to provide clearer guidelines for business on how to protect people's privacy while sticking to their …